Weekend OH/UG Distribution A Lineperson ULCS Region 102
We are currently seeking an “A” Lineperson to join our Utility Lines Construction Services, LLC team. This position will be a weekend only position, requiring the applicant to work 12 hour shifts on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. The applicant will need to know Overhead and Underground utility work.
We offer excellent opportunities for career-oriented individuals that want to be a part of our team. Our goal is to provide a safe work environment for all our employees to perform quality work with our many clients. ULCS employees share in Productivity and Safety Incentive programs. We also offer an excellent compensation package that includes a competitive benefits package, paid holidays, and paid vacation. Flame Retardant clothing is provided for all employees at no cost to them. Various work locations do offer employee payroll deduct programs for work boots and tools for the job.
Our company performs work within the South-Eastern Region of the United Stated. Many projects have immediate openings. Our region offices are in Indian Trail, North Carolina. We offer year-round employment with a company that values the team approach toward building quality projects. If you are looking for your next career advancement and are a goal-oriented person that wants to work for a company that values safety and appreciates good employees, please apply today.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Setting poles and anchors.
- Stringing overhead wire.
- Installing transformers, lightening arrestors, cutouts, cross arms, insulators, switches and switchgear.
- Troubleshooting trouble in primary and secondary systems.
- Replacing cutout fuses and clearing faulted circuits and systems
- Ensure daily testing and inspection of assigned tools and equipment.
- Maintain company equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Must be able to work alone in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ability to problem solve with unidentified circumstances on any job.
- Weather permitting, this is a 36 hour per week job.
- Any other duties related to the installation of overhead and underground power supply.
- Safely complete the job while performing new construction, maintenance or repair work of energized and de-energized overhead or underground line work.
- Comply with all safety and health rules.
- Perform work or operate vehicle/equipment only where training and qualification has been provided.
- Demonstrate safe work behavior.
- Stop work whenever unsafe acts or conditions are present.
- Reports all injuries no matter how minor to the Foreperson Immediately.
- Report all incidents and near misses to Foreperson.
- Due to the inherently dangerous nature of the industry and the requirements to work with or around hazardous equipment, employees must be able to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time.
- Must wear approved Fire-Retardant clothing.
- Must be able to inspect/wear necessary PPE.
- Must have knowledge to know when wearing PPE is expected.
- Must be able to safely drive an approved company vehicle.
- Must be able to enter and exit a vehicle numerous times a day.
- Must be able to withstand exposure to all kinds of weather while completing work assignments, i.e., rain, heat, sun, cold.
- Must be able to traverse various terrains.
- Must be able to write, read and comprehend written and verbal job instructions/information.
- Must possess strong communication skills both written and spoken.
- Must be able to communicate and handle confrontations professionally.
- Must have transportation to and from the show up location.
- Must be able to maintain attention as dangerous tasks occur often.
- Must be able to lift, move and maneuver 50 pounds or more on a frequent basis.
- Must have endurance necessary to perform these duties throughout a standard twelve-hour work day. Must be able to work long hours and overtime during emergencies (including holidays, Subject to call out work).
- Must have knowledge of heavy equipment.
- Must have sufficient eyesight to judge distances and coordination to get and use the appropriate equipment and tools.
- Must have knowledge of proper sagging techniques.
- Must have knowledge of working with energized high voltage systems requiring specific skill set.
- Must have knowledge of installing and removing a service.
- Must be able to identify primary and secondary voltage.
- Must have knowledge of tying in a primary conductor.
- Must have knowledge of phasing a circuit through a substation.
- Must be able to identify induced voltage.
- Must have knowledge of checking voltage on transformers.
- Must have knowledge of a one shot on a recloser.
- Must have knowledge of grounding procedures.
- Must understand flag and tag procedures.
- Must be able to identify different materials used in linework.
- Must understand Kellum grips.
- Must have knowledge of phasing sticks.
- Must have knowledge of load break tool.
- Must have knowledge of a reconductoring job.
- Must be capable of working from heights or in confined spaces.
- Must have knowledge of trenching and shoring.
- Must have knowledge of rigging, hand lines, and lineman knot tying.
- Must have knowledge of making and using a hand line
- Must have knowledge of assisting hooking up a single or three phase transformers.
- Must be able to inspect/use proper cover up.
- Must have knowledge of minimum approach distance.
- Must be capable of bucket rescue.
- Must have knowledge of safely installing and removing a mechanical jumper.
- Must be able to climb different structures and possess the tools to do the climb.
- Must be able to identify, operate and service all required tools and equipment. (i.e., bucket truck, digger derrick truck, tensioners, puller, rollers, hand tamp, chain saw, concrete saw, shovel)
- Must be able to operate and service all required tools and equipment.
- Must be willing to travel out of state for emergency storm work.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Must have a valid CDL driver’s license.
- Must have a valid Medical Certificate
- Must have proven previous Overhead and Underground Maintenance experience.
Rarely = less than 10%
Occasionally = up to 33%
Frequently = up to 66%
Continuously = 67% to 100%
Range of Motion
Hearing – Speech Range
Sense of Touch
Climbing On/Off Truck
Lifting Up to 10 lbs.
Lifting Over 10 lbs. to 50 lbs.
Lifting Up to 50 lbs.
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation. Individuals with a disability who desire a reasonable accommodation should contact the ADA Coordinator at 1-800-248-8733, ext. 1339.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.