The below Pay and Benefits are what you can expect to receive as a full time employee of GOS Region 194
- Starting Pay scale ranging from $10.00 to $11.00 per hour depending on area. Direct Deposit.
- Up to15 vacation days, paid by company after one year of employment depending on tenure.
- 6 paid holidays
- Health, Dental, Eye, Prescription, Life Insurance available
- 401K – with company match
- All Tools and uniforms to do the job supplied by the company except boots
- Boots reimbursement program
- Industry leading Safety and Training programs.
- Classroom safety and skills training
- OJT - All Training is provided one on one / On The Job on the clock.
- Drug Free Workplace.
We are currently seeking a Utility Meter Technician to join our team.
- Performs electric meter connects/disconnects/change outs and all assigned misc. work orders assigned.
- Must be able to work daytime and/or nighttime hours up to and occasionally past midnight.
- Demonstrates safe, high quality work practices in a team atmosphere
- Performs up to standards within time frames outlined by Field Supervisor and Project Manager.
- Commitment to customer service - responding to the needs of internal and external customers.
- Completes all work in an organized, timely manner, within instructed standard procedure.
- Identifies and reports to management all hazardous working conditions and specifically those hazardous conditions that prohibit the safe exchange of meters
- Sets appropriate priorities and works in accordance with legal hours worked policy and all safety requirements as outlined within Corporate Policy and Procedures.
- Day, Evening and Weekend Shifts required . Some overtime and weekend hours may at times be required.
- We are a Drug Free Work Place; Employees at all levels are subject to pre-employment as well as random drug screens throughout the duration of the project.
- Commitment to complete work assignments and high meter reading accuracy.
- Due to the inherently dangerous nature of the industry and requirements to work with or around hazardous equipment, employees must be able to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time.
High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must be able to read written instructions, write legibly, understand verbal instruction, make simple computations, complete daily work assignments and transpose numbers accurately.
- Ability to read meters and willingness to learn to operate new equipment and implement new procedures.
- Physical capacity to withstand exposure to all kinds of weather while completing the work assignment.
- Ability to deal effectively and tactfully with unexpected situations on customer premises such as; irate customers, unfriendly dogs, meter tampering and the unexpected.
- Ability to comprehend new hand-held technology; i.e., Cell Phones, GPS, PDAs, Digital Cameras.
- Strong Directional Skills: Ability to read and understand maps via GPS instruments and websites, i.e. Garmins, Tom Toms, Yahoo Maps, MapQuest, etc.
- Physical Ability to lift and carry up to 20 lbs., ability to comfortably walk at a steady pace throughout the work day, and ability to utilize hand digging tools as needed.
- Valid Driver's License: Must have a clean Driving Record, free of any moving violations within the last five years and without any suspensions (for any reason); minimal non-moving violations (less than three within the last five years).
- Due to the extensive driving required to perform the job, individuals must have a minimum of five years of driving experience.
- Must have a basic knowledge of electrical systems.
- Self-motivated with ability to work with little supervision.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Must be willing to work outdoors in all weather conditions applicable
Range of Motion
Hearing - Speech Range
Sense of Touch
Climbing On/Off Truck
Lifting up to 10 lbs
Lifting over 10 lbs to 50 lbs
Lifting up to 50 lbs
Rarely = less than 10%
Occasionally = up to 33%
Frequently = up to 66%
Continously = 67% to 100%
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation. Individuals with a disability who desire a reasonable accommodation should contact the ADA Coordinator at 1-800-248-8733, ext 1339.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.