GEL ENGINEERING OF NC, INC
has an opening for an
Utility Coordination Professional
Why Join our Team?
GEL Geophysics, LLC (GEL) is a niche professional services firm providing Subsurface Utility Engineering (SUE), Surveying and Geophysical services to clients throughout the southeastern United States. We are seeking an outstanding and energetic individual to help lead and build our utility coordination (UC) group in our Atlanta, Charleston, Charlotte, or Raleigh offices. The successful candidate will join us in solving challenging problems in the infrastructure and transportation sectors.
Our goal is to apply our surface and subsurface mapping skills, and associated UC services, to improve our clients’ bottom lines and reduce their risks. We are committed to offering the latest technologies and services. To this end, we employ and train customer-focused staff with exceptional attitudes and technical skills. We are proud of our culture of innovation and our focus on quality.
GEL Geophysics, LLC – UTILITY COORDINATION PROFESSIONAL
GEL has a position open for a Utility Coordination Professional to assist in leading and building our UC group in supporting projects throughout the southeastern US. This position has very high growth potential and is ideally suited for an individual who aspires to a key leadership position with a rapidly growing, entrepreneurial company. The primary responsibilities include managing and growing our UC group. An added benefit of this position is the opportunity to learn and support our SUE, survey and geophysical services. Some field work and travel is required.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage UC projects/staff and provide quality control for all deliverables
• Apply appropriate principles, techniques, and procedures to various types of UC projects
• Construction plan analysis and act as liaison between designers, utility agencies and owner
• Conduct prior rights evaluation and coordinate utility conflict resolution between design engineer and utility agent
• Identify SUE needs
• Determine utility relocation recommendations, cost estimates, schedules and permitting requirements
• Develop encroachment agreements
• Prepare UC reports and maps
• Assist with training and development of junior UC staff
• Assist with sales and business development
• Provide exceptional customer service
• Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree in associated field preferred
• Working experience with State Departments of Transportation and familiarity with State utility accommodation policies and manuals
• Minimum 5 years experience in the UC field
• Strong computer skills, including AutoCAD and/or Microstation
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Possess high ethical standards and the Core Values of the GEL Group