Want to be part of a company who gives back to their employees? You've come to the right place! We expect a lot from our employees, but we also give a lot in return.
We care about our employees by providing an exceptional benefit's package and we also work to further our employee's careers by doing our best to promote within the company. If you care about how well you do a job, work well with others, have a positive attitude, can follow company and safety rules, are dependable and punctual and you respond well to supervision, you would be a great fit at our company!
Position Overview: The position of Pipe Layer is responsible for assembling, connecting, and constructing pipe systems for storm or sanitation sewers, drains, and water mains.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Configures pipe routes
- Adjusts pipes to line and grade specification
- Performs testing procedures
- Ensures ground is prepped and graded, and digs trenches with trenching tools
- Caulks and seals joints together with cement or glue
- Moves pipe into trenches
- Instructs equipment operators where to move pipe in preparation for welding
- Inspects places where pipes are fitted together to ensure pipes are spaced out properly and according to specifications
- Follows all safety and OSHA regulations
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) preferred.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of related experience required.
- Combinations of work experience and education may be considered.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
- OSHA 10 hour preferred
- Lane Closure Certification preferred
- Trenching safety and confined space certification preferred
- First Aid/CPR training preferred
- Current North Carolina Driver’s License, preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Able to read and comprehend simple instruction, short correspondence, and memos.
- Able to read plans, stakes.
- Able to write simple correspondence.
- Able to effectively communicate information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and employees.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding in order to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems/issues involving several concrete variable in standardized situations.
- Experience with heavy equipment for dirt and site projects.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively.
- Able to multi task simultaneously
- Able to communicate to crew members in a professional and effective manner.
- Able to provide effective feedback to team members.
- Team Oriented
- Safety Oriented
- Customer Oriented
- Extensive physical activity performing strenuous daily activities of a primarily productive/technical nature. Includes standing, stooping, bending and crouching for extended periods of time,.
- Able to walk on uneven surfaces, including natural ground in varying weather conditions.
- Capable of lifting up to 70 pounds.
- Visual accuracy under varying degrees of light, darkness, and weather conditions in order to provide safe directions for operators of heavy equipment and other employees.
- Able to climb on and off heavy mobile equipment, and in and out of excavations, up to 20 feet in height.
- Able to work overtime and weekends, if necessary.
- Able to travel when required.
Environment Working Conditions
- Outdoors exposed to changing weather conditions (i.e., rain, sun, snow, wind, etc.)
- Noise level in the work environment is loud.
- Exposure to dust, grease, gasoline, diesel fuel, concrete, and other environmental factors of a construction job site.
- Work is performed near heavy equipment and moving machinery.
- Competitive Salary
- Company Paid Employee Medical Insurance Premiums
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Health Reimbursement Account
- 401k with Company Match
- Short Term Disability
- Accident Insurance
- Cancer Insurance