Stock Building Supply is a leading building materials and solutions company for professional homebuilders and contractors in the United States. We are committed to providing an exceptional customer experience for builders and contractors who are engaged in single- and multi-family residential, repair and remodel and light commercial construction.
As a leading building materials and solutions company, we have learned a great deal about creating and sustaining customer relationships. We serve many markets throughout the United States and leverage our national presence to offer the products that homeowners demand, delivered with our “customer-focused, associate-driven” spirit.
Our Employees Model Our Company Core Values
Achieving our mission requires great people who are bright, creative, and energetic, and who possess the following values:
• Teamwork- We will leverage our capabilities to delivered unparalleled value to our customers
• Integrity – We will be trustworthy and ensure that utmost integrity in all our endeavors
• People- We treat people with respect and develop talent to drive a competitive advantage
• Performance – We consistently perform above expectations and set the pace in the markets we serve
• Service – We will profitably serve our customers and provide SOLUTIONS that help their business thrive.
Under direct supervision, the entry level Truss Assembler performs one or more repetitive jobs on an assembly line to produce building material components
1. Assembles building material components such as wall panels, roof and floor trusses. Processes include insertion or positioning of materials, clamping, splicing, fitting parts and use of both hand and power tools.
2. Plans and implements the assembly process by reading and understanding set-up sheets, work orders, drawings or blueprints and gathers necessary materials and tools to complete order.
3. Ensures that assembled items meet specific quality specifications; may propose process improvements in order to increase finished quality or efficiency of assembly processes.
4. Plans and paces own work efficiency in order to meet daily, weekly, project, or team related production goals.
5. Responds attentively to training from Supervisor or more senior assemblers in order to increase own knowledge of work processes.
6. Understands and observes all safety procedures and practices in order to prevent injury to self or co-workers; attends periodic safety meetings as required; may recommend changes to improve safety procedures.
7. May perform other duties or projects as assigned by management
1. Minimum education preferred—High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
2. Knowledge of and ability to use a variety hand and power tools to assemble either building materials components products
3. Manual dexterity
4. Knowledge of safety procedures while performing assembly tasks
5. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
6. Ability to read and understand simple diagrams or blueprints
7. Other: Temperatures will vary. Dusty and noisy environment when operating machines and tools. Ear protection required when exposed to noise for an extended period of time. Eye protection and steel toed (safety toed) hard sole leather boots required at all times. Overtime work could be involved. Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds frequently and on occasion up to 100 pounds.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate. Stock Building Supply and it's subsidiaries does not discriminate in practices or employment opportunities on the basis of an individual's race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other proscribed category set forth in federal or state regulations.