Phillips & Jordan is a 65 year old, privately-held corporation, specializing in heavy civil construction. Our Core Values – Integrity, Safety, Quality, and Production – guide our business. We work in private and public sectors, employ over 1,000 individuals, and maintain a large heavy equipment fleet. We are licensed in 50 states and have performed complex work with aggressive schedules in over 40 states. Phillips & Jordan is a proven innovator, a proven leader, a proven solution.
Drives truck with capacity of more than three tons, to transport and dump materials such as soil, sand, gravel, crushed rock, coal or bituminous paving materials (earth materials).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Weigh materials or products and record weight or other production data on tags or labels
• Prepares receipts for load picked up
• May maintain truck log, according to state and federal regulations
• May maintain telephone or radio contact with supervisor to receive delivery instructions
• May load and unload truck
• May inspect truck equipment and supplies, such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water
• May position blocks and tie rope around items to secure cargo during transit
• Valid CDL Driver’s license and medical certification
• Must be able to read road maps, practice good safety habits, work in dusty or dirty surroundings
• Follow instructions and meet set standards
• Judge distances and slopes accurately and make decisions based on verifiable standards
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma preferred and one year related experience