Transportation and minor repairs on all forms of tow equipment, minor repairs on appliance dollies and moving dollies, responsible for rolling inventory of all moving supplies. Restock mobile unit with moving supplies and distribute to dealer base as needed. Responsible for truck & car cleanliness and Ten Point compliance, auditing, dealer and AO location appearance and safety compliance as well. Position is required to prepare logs a documents regarding movement and repairs and, if applicable, interstate transport regulations. Performs and completes minor repairs on tow equipment, appliance dollies, moving dollies and on vehicles light and cargo vans with no assistance. Completes necessary paper work as required. Complete inventory and write size all tow dolly inventory and inventory of pads per instructed schedule provided and following route plan. Responsible for truck & car cleanliness and Ten Point inspection compliance, auditing, dealer and AO location appearance and safety compliance as well. Inspection and cleanliness includes truck cabs and boxes. Essential duties and responsibilities show below will vary accordingly based on assignment.
* High school diploma or equivalent. Minimum of two years repair experience car or truck preferred. Mechanical aptitude is required.
* Must possess a valid CDL Drivers License B or C class along with a good driving record is required. All candidates must be able to have Hazardous Material endorsement if required by Federal State, or Local laws, and be subject to any "random" Drug/Alcohol screening as required. Submit to a required post-accident Drug/Alcohol test after any accident involving the operation of the Company vehicle.
* A DOT Physical and medical certification is required for a minimum of 1 year.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Ability to drive a 16 ft. truck with a 30 ft. trailer attached and Ability to load and off load tow dolly trailers that weigh 850 lbs.
* Individual accountability and ability to work with little to no direct supervision, also strong attention to detail to consistently meet and exceed work quality and safety work standards.
* Good communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with internal and external customers.
* Ability to perform day-to-day physical tasks involving moderately demanding work including: standing, kneeling, crawling, turning, and pushing or lifting moderately heavy objects up 75 lbs. in an outside work environment.
* Ability to work with and around hazardous materials.
* Must possess basic hand tools required for minor tow and moving equipment repairs.
* Self-motivated and good customer service skills
* Individual accountability and strong attention to detail to consistently meet and exceed work quality standards.
Avis Budget Group is an EEO Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Disabled
The information listed above is intended to describe the general nature and level of this position. Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business needs require. Your response to this advertisement may result in your consideration for employment with an affiliated company of Avis Budget Group, the publicly traded parent company of Avis Budget Car Rental, LLC and its subsidiaries. Offers of employment will be made by Avis Budget Car Rental, LLC or any of its employing companies or brands, including Avis, Budget, Budget Truck or AB Car Rental Services. Candidates must meet all basic qualifications and submit a complete application to be considered for this position. This posting serves as an advertisement of an existing open position only and does not qualify as the job description.