The Product Engineer will have a varied and exciting role creating new designs from concept through to detailed design, including updating current designs to ensuring the parts are validated and meet the functional requirements.
- Primarily responsible for the production release of the parts and expected to work with suppliers to ensure the parts can be manufactured and meet the cost and quality targets.
- Flexible and be able to work on multiple systems of the attachment i.e. structural fabrications, machined components, hydraulic, electrical and control systems.
- Critical to the success of the role will be an enthusiastic attitude showing the initiative to solve engineering problems and be able to work to tight deadlines.
- Communication with other design centers will be required for worldwide design collaboration.
- Also responsible for the engineering aspects of development for attachments (Work Tools) going on heavy equipment that will include: Skid Steer Loaders, Compact Track Loaders, Multi-Terrain Loaders, Compact Wheel Loaders and Small Wheel Loaders for distribution worldwide.
- Attachments can vary in complexity from simple buckets to complex hydromechanical tools with electrical control from the host machine.
- Understand or quickly come up to speed on the host machine kinematics, electrical system and hydraulic system relative to the attachment.
- Important to understand or quickly come up to speed on engineering design and releasing systems (Creo, Teamcenter UA, HVC, EDS).
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Overall of 8 to 10 years of industry-related previous engineering experience.
- Minimum of 2 years or more of design experience with Creo (Pro-E) or equivalent CAD system.
- Minimum of 2 years or more of experience in designing structural fabrications & component.
- Understanding of construction equipment hydraulic and electrical systems.
- Ability to quickly learn engineering software to support design work (Creo Simulate (FEA), Bolted Joint Analysis, Advanced Excel, Teamcenter Workflow, etc.)
- Ability to work with tools, familiarity with prototyping machinery and test equipment to fit up and test mechanical, hydraulic and electrical designs.
- Critical to the success of the role will be an enthusiastic attitude showing the initiative to solve engineering problems and be able to work to tight deadlines on multiple projects.
- Excellent oral and written communication with team members, suppliers, and other design centers will be required for worldwide design collaboration.
Tracking Code: 6663999