BLYTHE CONSTRUCTION, INC., a Major Heavy Highway Construction Co. located in Charlotte, NC has immediate opening in our Asphalt Division for an Experienced Motor Grader Operator. We offer Competitive Wages, Vacation, Holidays, 401K, Health, Dental, Vision, and Wellness Plan.
For 90 years, the professional men and women of Blythe Construction, Inc. have literally paved the way for hundreds of public and private projects that have supported the Southeast's rise to prominence. From large interstate highways to small commercial site development, Blythe Construction employees perform with pride and creativity. We approach every project with a dedication to efficiency, technology and, most of all, safety. Blythe Construction is proud to be a part of this area's history and development, and a partner in the Carolina’s future.
A Motor Grader Stone Base Foreman is a skilled working, supervisor, who leads his/her team, applying stone base foundation for asphalt and construction operations.
- Proper pre-start and daily Maintenance Including lubrication
- Keep equipment clean and well maintained
- Notify supervisor if equipment needs repair
- Tire pressure checks
- Monitor all engine gauges
- Operating skills in blade control
- Scrap and level dirt
- Mix materials
- Shape and blade sub grades
- Balance and rough shaping of base course materials
- Operate to fine grade specifications
- Fine grade horizontal surfaces, shoulders and slopes
- Grade plan requirements and set grade standards
- Dressing of shoulders and slopes
- Demonstrate the ability to lead a crew and delegate work within work scope
- Understand production and quantity requirements
- Utilize automatic grade control system
- Schedule work and maintain production
- Set forth specifications and plans
- Understand basic survey nomenclature
- Judge distance and slopes accurately
- Make decision based on verifiable standards
- Perform incidental work items and duties included within other crafts
General. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each Key Duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and Experience. This position typically is not an entry-level job, as it requires demonstrable previous experience as a Motor Grader Equipment Operator, additionally he/she should have experience as a leader. A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred. Must be able to understand work directions and communicate effectively with job site supervisors and fellow employees. Three (3) to Five (5) years or more of industry related experience is required for this position, with an emphasis on roads, highways, and bridges.
- Physical Demands. The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by a Motor Grader Equipment Operator to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Constant physical effort, including standing, is required during a regular work shift of at least eight hours per day. Employee must be able to stand for extended periods of time, and to stoop, bend, and crouch as required to perform Key Duties.
- Frequently work with hands extended overhead, sometimes in conjunction with the operation of hand power tools.
- Ability to lift and carry, on a frequent basis, at least 50-90 pounds personally, and up to 150 pounds with assistance.
- Maintain constant alertness to the multiple concurrent activities of the construction site, including the activities of other employees and contractors, the operation of stationary equipment, and the movement of mobile equipment.
- Frequently walk on uneven surfaces, including natural ground in varying weather conditions.
- The Operator must be able to climb on and off heavy mobile equipment safely.
- Work Environment. The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those that a Motor Grader Equipment Operator encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work is performed outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Work environment periodically exposes the employees to high levels of noise, grease, and dust that is typically associated with a construction project.
- Employee regularly works near heavy equipment and moving machinery.
- Work may involve a variety of substances commonly found on construction sites such as form oil, grease, curing compounds, gasoline, diesel fuel and ready mixed concrete.
Applicants may apply by; this website, calling 704-375-8474, faxing resume to 704-375-8140 or to our office located at 2911 N Graham St, Charlotte, NC 28206
We promote a Drug-Free Workplace.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability are encouraged to apply.