Site Safety Specialist
Comfort Systems USA-ColonialWebb is seeking an experienced construction safety specialist to support safety efforts of industrial refrigeration construction projects..
As our Site Safety Specialist, you will assist site employees and management in the understanding, training, and enforcement of the safety procedures within the Company’s Safety and Risk Program. Additionally, you will ensure field compliance with state and federal OSHA regulations and coordinate all tasks and functions on site to ensure they are performed safely in accordance with company safety policies and procedures and OSHA standards. Join our team and advance your safety career with ColonialWebb!
- Project is located in the Clintonl, North Carolina area.
- We are looking for a site safety specialists within this region.
- Must be able to travel to other projects in the Mid-South, as needed.
What you’ll do
- Sustain safe operations by conducting site inspections of industrial refrigeration construction projects, work areas and equipment; observing employee work practices and improving safety preparedness.
- Identify corrective action necessary to bring job sites into compliance with applicable codes, laws, regulations, and standards, and explain these measures to others.
- Inspect the availability, readiness and proper use of required accident prevention procedures, safety and fire prevention equipment, protective clothing and devices, and first aid supplies.
- Recommends and follows up to verify the implementation of corrective actions.
- Identify and recommend safety equipment, material and supplies for work operations.
- Attends and participates in safety committee meetings with sites and general contractors. Serves as a source of information on health and safety issues.
- Assist in reporting workers compensation claims; act as a liaison with workers’ compensation issues.
- Develop, assist, or conduct appropriate Job Hazard Analysis and Activity Hazard Analysis.
- Conduct safety training for assigned job sites. Support other industrial refrigeration construction projects as required.
- Prepare and maintain accurate records, appropriate forms, reports and various documentation as required.
- Conduct other functions to support the prevention of incidents and accidents and enforce the policies of this company.
What we’re looking for
- Experience in the safety field, preferably in a commercial or industrial construction setting.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- OSHA 30 Certification.
- Construction Site Safety Technician Certification (CSST) a plus.
- Certified in the safe operation of relevant construction equipment.
- Knowledge of current corporate policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of current Federal Occupational Safety and Health regulations.
- Knowledge of current NFPA Standards applicable to work operations.
- Knowledge of current US Army Corps of Engineers Safety program (EM.385-1-1).
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) clearly and effectively with internal and external customers at various levels within an organization-i.e., owners, GC’s, subcontractors, engineers, superintendents, tradesman, etc. Must be articulate and honest in communications.
- Intuition and foresight to identify when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong (not necessarily solving the problem, but able to recognize a problem exists or could exist) and work with others to resolve the situation.
- Work independently, under general supervision; utilize judgment and make good decisions.
- Ability to coordinate and perform multiple activities in a timely manner.
- Ability to maintain a sense of urgency, but remain calm, when handling emergencies.
What we’ll offer you
- Competitive wages.
- 401(k) plan with a generous company match
- Medical, dental, vision, and Rx drug insurance
- Life and accidental death insurance
- Short and Long-Term disability insurance
- Paid holidays and personal leave
- Opportunities for career growth, training, and development
- Apprenticeships and tuition reimbursement
- Employee referral incentives
- Scholarship program for employees’ children
- Discounts at major cell phone and auto companies.
Who we are
ColonialWebb is one of the largest commercial, mechanical, and electrical contractors in the Mid-South, specializing in Construction, Service, Industrial Refrigeration, and Manufacturing. We provide service to customers ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
Industrial Refrigeration Division: We are experts in refrigeration repair, refrigeration cooling equipment, refrigeration compressors, ammonia refrigeration and refrigeration equipment supply and maintenance contracts for commercial and industrial systems. We help our customers feed the world.
Apply at ColonialWebb is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/W/Disability/Vets)