Pegasus Support Services, LLC is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business, formed in 2011 and headquartered in Woodstock, Georgia. Our company is dedicated to providing superior Logistics and Facilities operations and Maintenance support services to our customers. Our corporate culture emphasizes a commitment to providing our customers with a high level of reliable, high quality customer service, diligent cost control and continuous quality improvement. We achieve these goals by hiring and training the highest quality employees and by empowering them to “do the right thing" and to provide the customer with unparalleled support.
Site Safety and Health Officer - Marine Corps Air Station, Cherry Point, NC (contingent upon contract award)
- Primary duty and responsibility is to prepare and enforce the Contractor’s safety program on this contract
- The SSHO must meet the requirements of EM 385-1-1 Section 1 [U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Safety and Health Requirements Manual] and ensure that the requirements of 29 CFR 1926 are met for this project.
- The SSHO shall have completed five (5) years of satisfactory experience in preparing and enforcing safety programs on contracts with comprehensive, complex, multi-craft facilities maintenance services in the past, or three (3) years' experience if he possesses a Certified Safety Professional (SCP) or safety and health degree.
- SSHO shall be on duty at all times when work is being performed and shall be responsible for enforcing and implementing the Contractor's Safety and Health Program in accordance with the accepted APP.
- Must have completed the OSHA 30-hour construction safety class or equivalent and maintain competency through 24 hours of formal safety and health related coursework every four years.
Knowledge, Experience and Skill Requirements:
- Military/civil service experience highly desirable
- Experience in government contracting and financial administration
- Knowledge of U.S. government procurement regulations and labor law
- Excellent management and employee relations skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters
- Ability to work independently and recommend solutions to problems
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Projects
- Superior attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while attending to multiple tasks and demands
A background check and drug screen will be conducted for this position.
Click the apply button above to be considered.