Barnhill Contracting Company’s success is built on the values, principles and vision of the man – Robert E. Barnhill, Sr. – whose name we proudly bear. Robert Barnhill built this company on a foundational belief that there is power in people. He was a motivator. A hard worker. A leader of leaders. His passion for people and his firm belief in the Golden Rule – treating others as you want to be treated – still drive us today. We are firm, flexible and honest. We do the right thing, every single time. We empower our leaders in the field to be decision makers. We are easy to work with – a core philosophy that is both intentional and deliberate. One that requires discipline. Grit. All of these qualities, along with our founder’s vision, have helped grow Barnhill Contracting Company into one of the Southeast’s leading contractors.
Our success is built from the dedicated service of each and every one of our employees. Construction is hard work – long hours and immense pressure to meet critical deadlines – and we are proud to employ the most talented group of people in the industry. When you join the Barnhill team, you become part of the Barnhill Family.
Operate a service truck throughout the designated construction area(s) to service and maintenance on heavy diesel equipment and trucks. May perform other duties at the maintenance shop.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operating a service truck but not limited to that type of truck.
- Must be able to perform maintenance, diagnostic and repair of diesel equipment and trucks.
- Keep radiators clean and check cooling system has the proper amount of anti-freeze for winter months.
- Perform basic vehicle Maintenance.
- Keep inflated to specifications and keep shop manager aware of tires that need to be replaced.
- Responsible for the daily fueling and greasing of equipment on job site.
- Must check and top off all fluid levels.
- Keep machines Preventative maintenance up to date: Change oils and filters as scheduled
Minimum Qualifications & Training:
- 2 years of automotive or diesel experience preferred or Vocational or Technical certification or combination of education and experience.
- Must have a minimum of a CDL Class B with Tanker and Hazmat Endorsements.
- Valid Medical card
- Must be at least 21 yrs old
- Working knowledge in hand tools required.
- Must have a positive attitude and willingness to grow in position
- Ability to abide by precise instructions and strict but necessary safety rules and regulations.
- Must be a reliable and trust worthy individual that will be a team player.
- Maintain a good attendance and safety record.
Tasks Essential to Job Functions:
- Standing and walking required.
- Ability to work long periods of time in elevated temperatures due to weather and materials.
- Ability to operate equipment at recommended speeds and peaks of operation.
- Must be productive during each shift and be willing to meet the goals that are set.
- Visual activity – ability to work safely in traffic and to know surroundings while tacking.
- Must be able to work some nights and weekends.
What We Offer:
- Choice of Health Insurance options (BCBSNC)
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Profit Sharing
- CareOne (EAP)
- Wellness Program
- Corporate Chaplains of America