Timmons Group is a multi-disciplined engineering and technology firm recognized nationally as a “Best Firm to Work For” by CE News. With more than a dozen offices throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast, we provide civil engineering, environmental, economic development, GIS/geospatial technology, landscape architecture and surveying services to a diverse client base. As one of Engineering News Record’s (ENR) Top 500 Design Firms in the country, we are dedicated to being an employer of choice and helping our clients achieve their vision resulting in shared success. For more information, visit .
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Project Manager – Stormwater to join our Raleigh, NC office location.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
- Growing/Running a Stormwater Practice within North Carolina
- Working with Local Governments on TMDL and MS4 Regulatory Compliance issues
- Designing projects using relevant office software, modeling and Civil 3D technology.
- Completing calculations using engineering formulas and skills and/or utilizes computers in order to solve problems.
- Preparing specification materials through the use of research and manufacturing catalogs to specify materials, installation, inspection and payment of items specific to a project.
- Working to complete design details and preparing complete plan sets for agency review and project bidding.
- Perform research and writes objective summary reports which are used in the completion of the project work or inspection.
- Development of detailed engineering and construction cost estimates.
- Complete field observation, inspection and data collection duties as directed by senior engineering staff.
- Communicate with client staff and internal design team as directed by senior engineering staff.
Skills/Requirements of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
- A bachelors or master's degree in civil engineering or closely related degree and professional registration (P.E.) in North Carolina, and/or one or more states in which Timmons Group conducts business.
- 15+ years’ experience in civil engineering related to Stormwater Management.
- Demonstrated ability to provide stormwater related master planning, analysis and design services for Local Government and private development clients.
- A demonstrated ability to manage the schedule and budget for multiple projects at the same time.
- Proven experience in client management and relationships and contract acquisition in the North Carolina region.
- Has experience in marketing and supervision of the technical work of others.
- Working knowledge of CADD and or civil 3D software. (Civil 3D preferred).
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are looking for high energy, creative, flexible, patient, self-starters who are willing to work at a dynamic pace. Candidates must share a commitment to our company’s Vision, Mission, and Shared Values.
Timmons Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.