SIGN ON BONUS $2500!
As a SR FIELD SUPERINTENDENT you are:
Responsible for construction field installation activities with an emphasis on labor productivity, quality and timely installations, and employee morale. This requires close coordination with project and division managers. Position is responsible for jobsite safety. Directs activities of workers concerned with construction by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Study specifications to plan procedures for construction on basis of starting and completion times and staffing requirements for each phase of construction.
- Ensure that an adequate field work force is maintained on each project through input from project managers and/or division manager.
- Monitor field labor productivity in order to meet job cost budget.
- Monitor and assist in scheduling fabrication shop activities and including ship dates and accuracy of shipments.
- Coordinate project and material needs in order to maintain piping and sheet metal field labor productivity.
- Provide "hands on" assistance at jobsite for field crews in order to ensure maximum productivity of high quantity field labor tasks.
- Assist on‑site field mechanics with development of work sequence and material needs.
- Provide "hands on" assistance at jobsite with the setting of all equipment; specifically boilers, chillers, pumps, air handling devices, fans and other critical equipment.
- Assist in developing new field mechanics through on site and classroom training.
- Assist in troubleshooting and service calls on installed systems when required.
- Monitor equipment rentals for optimum use.
- Assist project manager and field mechanics in establishing room and board rates, and travel arrangements, if required; with management assistance, ensure vehicle expense budget is met.
- Schedule, monitor and correct, as needed, subcontractor progress and performance.
- Prepare written evaluations for all field personnel. Make salary adjustment recommendations to division manager for review.
- Review and approve weekly field time sheets.
- Hire and terminate field employees as required.
- Procure tools and materials to be delivered at specified times to conform to work schedules.
Manages 8 to 20 field employees on the construction job site. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical / Vision/ Prescription Insurance
- HSA w/ Employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability
- 401K w/ 5% match
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
Minorities\Females\Disability\Veterans; VEVRAA Federal Contractor