Branch Civil is searching for a Senior Estimator to join their Raleigh, NC team. The Senior Estimator accurately interprets contract documents and provides a quality estimate for each heavy highway/site project. Keeping in mind how that project will most likely be constructed.
- Four-year degree in an Engineering, Construction Management or a Business related field supplemented with a minimum of 10+ years construction/estimating experience
- DOT estimating experience required.
- Experience in HCSS - HeavyBid.
- Position is responsible for assigned project estimate from ordering the plans through finalizing the bid.
- Advises and assists Chief Estimator on systems improvements/upgrades that will ensure competitive bides based on meaningful, accurate data.
- Assists Chief EStimator by investigating market potential and opportunities with a view to implementing established services and recommending additional opportunities.
- Cultivates relationships with competent subcontractors and vendors to ensure preferred pricing.
- Conducts occasional pre-bid site visits to document by photographs, video, or other means.
- Makes full, detailed quantity and labor takeoffs; prepares accurate estimate including all elements of material, labor and subcontracts
- Performs risk assessment of the project and accounts for identified risks
- Prepares project schedules, as warranted by each company’s planning needs.
- Researches files and other sources for information for estimate preparation, as well as developing new ways to improve cost estimates
- Provides assistance to other Divisions to maximize company opportunities.
- Clearly and decisively makes decisions in a timely manner.
- Encourages and listens to ideas/concerns of others, while providing input and understanding.
- Displays a personal commitment to developing skills, ethics, and conduct to a high level within the industry.
- Annual Pay Increases
- Health and Vision, including a Wellness Plan
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Vacation and Sick Time
Branch Civil is the consolidation of sister companies Branch Highways and E V Williams. Branch Civil is a member of The Branch Group, Inc., a 100 % employee-owned (ESOP) company based out of Roanoke, Virginia, with regional divisions in Northern Virginia, Virginia Beach and North Carolina. Branch Civil provides full-service construction and design-build services for highways, airports, dams and site development for commercial, institutional, industrial, and residential markets.
We encourage Minorities and Females to Apply. EOE M/F/D/V. VA Cont. Lic., Class A, #2701-029434A.