WK Dickson believes that our people are our most valuable asset. From engineers to urban planners and scientists to surveyors, WK Dickson offers its clients a vast network of talent and passion.
WK Dickson’s people are the best in the business, and our success comes from the personal drive of each of us. Our firm was built on the philosophy that people do business with people they like. That goes for our coworkers, too. We work hard. We take risks. We succeed together.
Reporting to a Project Manager, Stormwater Project Engineers are responsible for a variety of activities including, and not limited to hydrologic and hydraulic modeling, performing erosion control calculations, standard and complex design tasks, supporting project managers in regards to utilizing CAD and GIS, mathematical analysis / calculations, and general project organization.
- Perform hydrologic and hydraulic calculations utilizing industry standard software such as HEC series, SWMM, Hydraflow Hydrographs and Storm Sewers as well as spreadsheet analysis.
- Prepare design plans utilizing AutoCAD Civil 3D including performing grading, developing plan and profiles sheets and full construction document sets.
- Prepare quantity take-offs and prepare Engineer’s Estimate of Probable Cost.
- Prepare specifications and special provisions.
- Perform utility coordination and/or utility relocation design in support of storm drainage retrofit projects.
- Assist with permitting including FEMA No-Rise and CLOMR/LOMR, NCDOT encroachment agreements, erosion and sediment control, 401/404 etc.
- Prepare technical reports, memos and exhibits.
- Understand and follow company standard CAD procedures for layering, etc., and standard drawing procedures for sheet layout.
- Search, investigate, and select technical reference data pertinent to a project.
- Maintain technical coordination with staff.
- Maintain positive communication with project managers, staff, clients and subcontractors.
- Follow general instructions and company policies and procedures.
- Comply with all company safety policies and rules.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- BS in Civil Engineering from accredited university.
- Professional license in a state in which we do business (reciprocity within 3 months ok).
- Minimum six (6) to ten (10)years of civil engineering experience in related practice area.
- Analytical skills with ability to prepare statistical reports.
- Ability to work independently and on a team.
- Ability to communicate ideas and technical information to staff, supervisors and clients in a professional manner.
- Travel as necessary to meet the needs of the position.
Company Benefits: With our Wellness Premium Credit, Employees are eligible for free medical and dental
Employees are able to take advantage of our:
- Exclusive ‘Talent Development Program’
- Project Management Curriculum
- Mentoring/Coaching Program
In addition WK Dickson offers its employees a competitive benefits package including:
- Competitive salaries
- Medical, dental, prescription drug, and vision care plans
- Matching 401K program
- Life insurance
- Short and long term disabilities benefits
- Supplemental insurance option
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Policy
- Paid Holidays
- Continuing education / tuition reimbursement
- Professional registration reimbursement
- Flexible spending account (FSA)
- Performance-based incentives
- Spot bonuses
- Employee referral bonuses
- Flex-time policy (half-day Fridays)
- Moving and relocation assistance
- Business casual work environment
- Company-sponsored social events
- Community giving and charitable programs
Specific programs vary by region, in accordance with the competitive environments of local areas.