“Join one of the Ross and Witmer family of companies - with a combined 150 years of service in the HVAC Industry! Opportunities in Charlotte, Western North Carolina, and Upstate South Carolina. We are an HVAC contractor that specializes in innovative air conditioning services and HVAC solutions that make indoor environments more comfortable, healthy and energy efficient. Our mission is to provide the highest quality, most efficient services in the industry, and we accomplish this mission through continuous innovation and improvement – constantly raising our quality standards, increasing productivity and enhancing our expertise in the cutting-edge technology transforming our industry. We are a growing company with a vision for the future based on valuable lessons from the past.”
Under general direction, performs semi-skilled and skilled work in the operation and installation of heating, ventilating, and air conditioning systems; and does related work as required.
Installs equipment, duct systems, and accessories to equipment in residential new and replacement installs.
- Residential HVAC Technicians must have good mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to follow blueprints and understand technical instructions.
- Solid communication skills.
- Three years of journey-level experience operating, maintaining, and repairing HVAC equipment including experience operating, maintaining, and repairing ventilating and air conditioning equipment.
- A combination of training, education, and experience that is equivalent to the employment standard listed above and that provides the required knowledge, abilities, and universal EPA License.
- Possession of a valid Driver’s License at time of appointment.
- Knowledge of methods, tools, and equipment used in the repair of heating and air conditioning equipment in residential and light commercial buildings.
- The operating principles of heating, air conditioning, and work safety practices related to HVAC work.
- Ability to recognize and locate conditions which require repair and maintenance work; keep records.
- Ability to explain technical information to clients.
- Able to work independently
- Effectively use a computer, and knowledge of applicable software.
At Ross & Witmer, we offer competitive benefits, including:
- Paid holidays and vacation
- Paid Uniforms
- 401K retirement option
- Flexible Benefit Programs
- Health, life, and accident insurance
- Long and short term disability
- Educational reimbursement