Job Type: Full-Time
Minimum Years of Propane Service Experience Required: 2 Years
Minimum Years of Education Required: Trade/Vocational school
Salary Range: $16.00 to $24.00 / Hourly
Must be Authorized to Work in the US
We are a home heating & cooling company located in Greensboro, NC, where the customers always come first. Through great employees we live up to our "always dependable" motto. Through a personal touch, we keep a warm feeling with all of our customers.
We are always looking to expand the company's potential into new arenas of profitability, including expansion of the HVAC service department, propane sales, and heating fuels.
We provide a personable, honest, and always dependable service at a reasonable price in effort to exceed the customers' expectations. Our service quality has continued to increase customer loyalty since 1924.
We are proud to say we raise $50,000 a year to heat the homes of those in need through our Gift of Warmth Program. We are also the customer service leader in our industry and in the comunity for many years. We have a Grade A rating on Angie's list and we maintain and keep long employee relationships.
The Propane & HVAC Service Technician is responsible for leading the initiative, execution, and growth of the principle responsibilities listed below. He/She will report directly to the Service Manager.
Outcomes to Seek:
- Customer Service– Demonstrate, train, and grow customer service to exceed customer’s expectations using the “always dependable” attitude, urgent response, and appropriate feedback. To develop customer loyalty for a long term relationship. To go above and beyond in the event of a dissatisfied customer, with respect toward the additional principles below.
- Propane & HVAC Service & install skills- Through certifications, on job experience, and continued training, demonstrate skills to properly maintain, repair, and install Propane equipment on a residential and commercial level. To maintain clean and organized workspace, vehicle, and workmanship. Keep proper parts and service records. To complete job the first time with the best of your ability and to reduce the potential for callbacks.
- Dependability & Trust- Represent the company on and off the job. Arriving on the job by 8am, completing the proper paperwork and records, per Berico standards, of on the job performance. Being a team player and supporting fellow team members at all times.
- Revenue Generation &Sales skills- Utilize your expertise to sell service agreements, make recommendations for additions, repairs, and new system installations. Utilizing tools such as repair/replace worksheet to determine advice for a customer repair. Represent an honest balance of what is fair for both company and customer. Look to achieve daily and monthly sales goals.
- Growth and Development Initiatives- Help grow company’s residential and commercial business through management and business knowledge relative to the industry. Introduce best-in-class practices to our team in effort to develop commercial HVAC programs.
- Safety – Responsible for upholding and complying with industry and company standards in regards to safety requirements, cleanliness, and product handling.
- Follow company handbook guidelines.
- 2+ years Experience in Propane Service
- Certifications specific to Propane and Gas regulations. (Piping licenses, etc)
- Knowledge in Propane Tank and Furnance equipment.
- Understand Leak and Gas Check information
- Respect and adhere to the direction or initiatives of your supervisor, even if job may not directly relate to HVAC.
- Able to accept the physical demands of the job. (i.e. maneuver heave materials, fit in uncomfortable crawl spaces, work in extreme weather)
- Must maintain a level head at all times and always act in company’s best interest.
- Uphold best-in-class customer service standards.
- Always wear booty’s when servicing a customer’s home.
- Be willing to offer suggestions, home enhancements, and sell service plans.
- Strive to achieve service technician goals, in particular service plans and sales leads.
- Work as efficient as possible.
- Always communicate with dispatch upon arrival, completion, and next call dispatch. (Dispatch is to know current location at all times)
- Maintain proper licenses and continuously educate to up-to-date Propane service practices, company policies and initiatives. (i.e service plans, sales sheets, etc)
- Maintain a clean workspace, including but not limited to customers home, parts house, vehicle, and paperwork.
- Document the use of all parts used and truck inventory per company standards.
- Follow guidelines of Berico Service Tech manual, understand its practices may adapt from time to time.
- To never take advantage of a customer, or the company.
- Take responsibility for all company assets and parts that are in your discretion. (i.e. tools, vehicles, keys, etc).
- Fullfill on-call responsibilities and expectations.
- To not utilize company assets when not on the job.
- Never accept money for work performance without running through company operations, unless approved by Supervisor or Management.
- To adhere to flat rate code billing and company policies there-of.