WHO WE ARE:
NRC is a global leader in the provision of diversified environmental, industrial and emergency response solutions with a focus on providing highly responsive local service with the highest safety standards, innovative technology, modern efficient equipment and dedicated professional employees.
WHAT DOES SUCCESS LOOK LIKE AT NRC?
- We have a solid reputation that sets the bar high in our industry
- We’ve successfully developed a network of clients who value our services
- Industry knowledge and wealth of operation experience which allows us to provide a broad range of environmental, industrial and emergency response solutions and products
- An unyielding commitment to maintaining the highest operation and safety standards
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
Fundamental to everything we do is our commitment to valuing the talents of each individual and harnessing the combined strengths of our diverse work force. The people of NRC are committed to this partnership and are the cornerstone of our overall success. NRC provides a comprehensive benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with company match, Paid Time Off and much more!
We are currently seeking a Project Supervisor with a CDL to join our growing team!
The Supervisor is responsible for managing field service jobs which include but are not limited to emergency response, hazardous materials handling, hazardous waste cleanup and site remediation. The Supervisor is a working manager and is expected to perform the required work as needed in addition to managing the project. The Supervisor is responsible for managing field service crews in a safe and compliant manner according to H&S requirements as well as according to scope and budget.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct and attend project meetings, daily and weekly safety meetings with expectations of adhering to the job specific and company safety policies, and all other meetings necessary for successful project completion.
- Manage the scope, budget and labor on company field service jobs as assigned. This position is accountable for successful completion of the project.
- Plan the work, prepare schedules and regularly review with Service Center Manager.
- Operate and maintain trucks, equipment and vehicles in a safe manner in accordance with all company health and safety policies.
- Maintain a spirit of cooperation and teamwork at all times. Displays leadership qualities including but not limited to work practices, attitude, H&S attentiveness, etc.
- Maintain on-call availability to perform emergency response services including the cleanup of hazardous/non-hazardous waste spills, disaster response and recovery, and waste management
- Perform remediation services which include storage tank cleaning, industrial cleaning & maintenance, environmental site remediation, vacuum truck services, and demolition/dismantlement
- Understand and use the paperwork process flow, handling and transportation of non-hazardous and hazardous waste materials.
- Through safety training become an expert in recognizing onsite potential hazards and through communication and reporting, rectify the concerns.
- Provide daily communication to the customer to assure premiere quality of service. Assure that change orders are communicated before additional work is completed.
- Perform strenuous physical labor including lifting, pulling and pushing heavy objects
- Accurately complete and submit daily logs, timesheets, manifests, expense reports, trip reports, vehicle inspection reports, etc.
- Keep your training record up to date with all DOT/OSHA and company required training
- Be available to respond to emergencies 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
- Understand and comply with all DOT and HAZMAT regulations including timely and accurate submission of Driver Daily Logs
- Perform daily inspection and required preventative maintenance of trucks, equipment, and vehicles; ensure readiness for use
- Transport liquid and solid waste
- Ensure proper loading/unloading of hazardous/non-hazardous waste; adhere to weight limits and ensure proper utilization of company equipment
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- CDL Class A or B with T, H or X Endorsement and clean driving record
- Two years experience driving commercial motor vehicles
- High school diploma required, 2-year degree in the trades, business or environmental industries preferred.
- Minimum 5 years environmental services industry experience.
- Hands on field experience in equipment operation and crew supervision required.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record (CDL preferred).
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Knowledge of Federal and State environmental regulations required.
- Knowledge of scoping and pricing field service work.
- HAZWOPER 40 hour certification and 8 hour refresher required.
- Confined Space Supervisor training required.
- CPR and First Aid training required.
- Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions and temperatures.
- Ability to wear and use personal respirator equipment and other forms of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Must be able to respond to environmental emergencies 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- Must be willing and able to travel out of town on short notice for weeks or months at a time as required.
Successful completion of a pre-employment background and substance screening process including, but not limited to, employment verifications, criminal search and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) search as well continued verifications throughout employment to ensure that all records meet company policy standards.
NRC is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in a drug free work environment to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
EOE‐Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities