The Pike Company believes that our people are our most important asset. We’re committed to creating a dynamic and challenging work environment where everyone has the opportunity to thrive and succeed. Our commitment to innovation and continuous improvement encourages each employee to achieve his or her goals – both in terms of customer satisfaction and career growth. Our combination of top talent, resources and support allows our employees to produce great results. If you would like to be a part of an organization with a strong set of values, then The Pike Company is the place for you.
Responsible for leading projects at risk up to $50M in scope. Contributes to client satisfaction and Company profitability through the direction of all aspects of the project that will ensure the project meets safety, schedule, quality and budget expectations of the Customer and Company.
- Accountable for overseeing and delegating the inspection of materials for damage and specifications, as well as work being done; requires rework when necessary if work does not meet specification or is not of good quality.
- Responsible for the review of all drawings and specifications and certain submittals. Communicates changes or questions to the architect on a timely basis.
- Accountable for ensuring all close-out requirements are completed or will be completed prior to leaving a project site.
- Responsible for establishing a punch-list program and assign responsibilities.
- Responsible for creating the master schedule and leads the effort to maintain and ensure that the project moves along as scheduled; ensure materials, labor, equipment and job sites are ready when needed and contact vendors and subcontractors to ensure on time delivery of goods and services. Deal with problems early on.
- Accountable for reviewing the master schedule with the Project Management personnel, highlighting changes or potential problems. Communicate the schedule to all subcontractors.
FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT / COST CONTROL
- Responsible for working closely with the project team leadership to watch all costs under their responsibility and know what is being spent and the reason for any over-spending and how it may be corrected. Be prepared to explain any budget anomalies to those with a need to know.
- Consulted in the buyout process (bidding from subcontractors/vendors); provides input and opinions to the Project Team on appropriate subcontractors and on scopes of work to be performed. Attend buyout meetings.
- Accountable for maintaining good communication with the owner on issues as well as good documentation. Generate Requests for Information (RFI) or change orders as necessary.
Education / Experience:
- Minimum of 10 years equivalent experience in the construction industry, required.
- Worked on project(s) up to $50M successfully from start to finish; or equivalent service work,required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, required.
- Construction software usage, Contract Documents and Job Documentation, required.
- Understanding of Cost/Estimating, preferred.
- Critical path method (CPM) project scheduling, preferred.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Travel Incentive