Pegasus Support Services, LLC is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business, formed in 2011 and headquartered in Woodstock, Georgia. Our company is dedicated to providing superior Logistics and Facilities operations and Maintenance support services to our customers. Our corporate culture emphasizes a commitment to providing our customers with a high level of reliable, high quality customer service, diligent cost control and continuous quality improvement. We achieve these goals by hiring and training the highest quality employees and by empowering them to “do the right thing" and to provide the customer with unparalleled support.
Project Manager Marine Corps Air Station, Cherry Point, NC (contingent upon contract award)
Position works under the general supervision of a Senior Level Corporate Operations Manager or higher level position. This position will be responsible for managing trades, craft, staff positions and sub-contractors as required. This position is typically assigned difficult projects and performs a variety of Operations & Maintenance project management functions on activities associated with government and commercial customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Management of an Operations and Maintenance contract to maintain and operate facilities and utility systems using multiple crafts persons for multiple facilities on the installation.
• Perform Project management functions including planning, directing and budgeting for the assigned contract. Acts as the companies direct representative to the government.
• Perform Project management administration functions, handling a variety of actions and problems relating to assigned contracts. May prepare and analyze project fund status reports, review billing procedures and contractual requirement submittals.
• Monitor management plans designed to accomplish contractual objectives and provide direction and support to subcontractors, support staff, trades and crafts
• Responsible for monitoring budgets on assigned contracts
• Reconcile inconsistencies between proposals and new projects and analyze the effects of proposed contract changes. May provide onsite management assistance with the coordination and negotiation of contract changes.
• May prepare customer correspondence concerning contract commitments, and modifications
• Responsible for keeping current on government regulations and commercial trends. Monitor contract compliance requirements to ensure compliance with Service Contract Act, Davis Bacon Act and other Federal regulations as required.
• Responsible for safety of all personnel on job, including subcontractor-personnel, compliance with environment standards and quality of work performed
• May be required to interface with labor union contacts and determine how to handle grievances
• Research and address customer and employee complaints
• Participate in long range planning of facility maintenance activities
• Responsible for scheduling of work to be performed
• Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Experience and Skill Requirements:
Ability to get and maintain Secret Security Clearance.
A background check and drug screen will be conducted for this position.
Click the apply button above to be considered.