Timmons Group is a multi-disciplined engineering and technology firm recognized nationally as a “Best Firm to Work For” by CE News. With more than a dozen offices throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast, we provide civil engineering, environmental, economic development, GIS/geospatial technology, landscape architecture and surveying services to a diverse client base. As one of Engineering News Record’s (ENR) Top 500 Design Firms in the country, we are dedicated to being an employer of choice and helping our clients achieve their vision resulting in shared success. For more information, visit .
We are currently seeking an experienced Civil Engineering Project Manager to join our Charlotte, NC office location.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
- Design portions of a project using relevant office software, modeling and Civil 3D technology.
- Complete calculations using engineering formulas and skills and/or utilizes computers in order to solve problems.
- Prepare specifications materials through the use of research and manufacturing catalogs to specify materials, installation, inspection and payment of items specific to a project.
- Work to complete design details and plan sets.
- Assist in the preparation of engineering and construction cost estimates.
- Communicate with client, staff, and internal design team.
Skills/Requirements of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
- A bachelors or masters degree in engineering or a scientific area and/or equivalent work experience.
- Professional registration (P.E., L.S., etc.) in one or more states in which Timmons Group conducts business is preferred.
- Has 6 to 10 years experience in engineering or related technical profession.
- Must have a thorough understanding of project accounting and demonstrated ability to manage the schedule and budget for multiple projects at the same time.
- Has experience in marketing and supervision of the technical work of others.
- Has a working knowledge of technical and office support software required to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Consistently presents a professional attitude towards clients and internal staff.
- Effectively communicates with others in the daily completion of tasks or assignments.
- Strives to achieve professional working relationships with others and shows a willingness to help others meet critical deadlines.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to operate a motor vehicle.
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are looking for high energy, creative, flexible, patient, self-starters who are willing to work at a dynamic pace. Candidates must share a commitment to our company’s Vision, Mission, and Shared Values.
Timmons Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.