Blum Construction offers unparalleled stability in the construction industry. Founded in 1923, we have weathered tough economic storms for nearly a century and have emerged as a stronger organization with each challenge. With offices in Winston-Salem, Greensboro, Asheville and Raleigh, we build structures that transform communities through our work in higher education, senior living, healthcare, non-profits and many other sectors.
We understand, very clearly, that it is our people who will enable us to be even stronger in our second century.
This position will work with a team of professionals to provide administrative support for Project Managers in areas such as the contracts, changes, submittals and closeouts. This position will also perform a variety of routine and non-routine to complex administrative duties to relieve individuals of clerical work and administrative details.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for generating contracts to include copying, logging, reviewing for accuracy, filing and providing master copies for Project Manager and Superintendent
- Manage the change order process to include, the collection and logging of quotes and generating change orders upon direction from Project Manager
- Responsible for the logging and tracking of submittals
- Provide administrative support on the close out process to include warranties and manuals, etc.
- Administrative support in the typing of correspondence, meeting minutes, etc.
- Corresponding with sub-contractors, owners and architects via email, phone and in person
- Assist as needed with presentations to include, proofing, researching, binding, etc.
- Perform additional assignments as directed by Project Managers
- Responsible for organization and upkeep of office
- Other duties as requested
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Power Point
- 2 – 4 years experience working in an administrative support position within the construction industry is preferred but not required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required as well as interpersonal skills
- Excellent proofreading skills
- Exceptional accuracy and speed at data entry
- Independent, dependable worker with little to no supervision required
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Profit Sharing