For 90 years, the professional men and women of Blythe Construction, Inc. have literally paved the way for hundreds of public and private projects that have supported the Southeast's rise to prominence. From large interstate highways to small commercial site development, Blythe Construction employees perform with pride and creativity. We approach every project with a dedication to efficiency, technology and, most of all, safety. Blythe Construction is proud to be a part of this area's history and development, and a partner in the Carolina’s future.
The Project Manager will oversee the day-to-day operations for asphalt. The Project Manager will ensure asphalt production is completed safely, on schedule and within budget.
- Supervises on-site Project Superintendents and Project Engineers.
- Prepares all the notification documents regarding power, water, fire utilities.
- Responsible for the technique, economic and operations plan.
- Negotiates with the client.
- Participates in the estimating process.
- Optimizes the operations means and methods with the Project Engineers
- Controls the progress of the operation to meet the objectives.
- Determines the suppliers and the subcontractors in tandem with the Division Manager and the Contracts Department.
- Develops project schedule.
- Prepares and assists in weekly project update meetings.
- Participates in the division weekly meetings.
- Ensures project quality on the project and respects commitments with the client.
- Reviews and approves all change order requests.
- Completes project budget.
- Controls project expenses.
- Responsible for budget.
- Responsible for billing control.
- Approves invoices.
- Prepares the final quantities report.
- Actively participates in the training of all Construction Engineers.
- Actively participates in recruiting candidates.
- Responsible for Performance Evaluations for all employees assigned to project.
- Recommends and proposes technical solutions (innovative products and processes).
- Maintains professional relationship with client(s).
- Participates at the final acceptance of the project.
- Responsible for maintaining safety on the project at all time.
- Ensures compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- General. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each Key Duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and Experience. This position typically is not an entry-level job, as it requires demonstrable previous experience as a Project Manager. A Bachelors of Science in Civil Engineering or Construction Management (or equivalent work experience) and 10+ years on large design-build heavy/highway projects is required. Knowledge of construction technique and practices, paving, underground, concrete, and grading required. Must have thorough knowledge of heavy, civil construction equipment. Ability to communicate with all levels of employees. Ability to effectively work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Physical Demands. The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by a Project Manager to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to sit and/or stand during a regular work shift of at least eight hours per day.
- Employee is occasionally required to stoop, bend, walk, crouch, and climb.
- Ability to lift, on a frequent basis, at least 25 pounds and carry up to 15 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Continuous mental attention required to complete tasks in an efficient manner.
- Exposure to dust, dirt grease and noise.
- Work can be performed at heights up to 60 feet, requiring the employee to climb ladders, scaffolds and stair towers, often with narrow steps and passageways.
- Frequently walk on uneven surfaces, including natural ground and slopes in varying weather conditions.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, based on project need(s) and demand(s).
- Work Environment. The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those that a Project Manager encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work is performed outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Work environment periodically exposes the employees to high levels of noise, grease, and dust that is typically associated with a construction project.
- Employee regularly works near heavy equipment and moving machinery.
- Work may involve a variety of substances commonly found on construction sites such as form oil, grease, curing compounds, gasoline, diesel fuel and ready mixed concrete.
- Medical & Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Voluntary Term Life
- Long Term Disability
- Paid Vacation & Holiday Pay
- 401(k) Plan
- Additional Benefits including wellness coaching, etc..
We promote a Drug-Free Workplace.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability are encouraged to apply.