C. T. Wilson Construction Company is a locally owned and operated commercial general contractor, primarily working within a sixty-mile radius of Durham. In an ever-changing economic environment, C.T. Wilson has been North Carolina's trusted builder for over six decades. Owners and architects rely on our skill and dedication when tackling complex projects - everything from healthcare facilities, government and education buildings, to historic renovations and restorations.
Employees of C. T. Wilson work to build strong relationships with all project participants through effective communication, careful planning, and professional execution. We offer a comprehensive compensation package that includes salary, paid time off, health insurance, 401(k), and supplement insurance options.
Position: PROJECT MANAGER
Classification: Full Time, Exempt
Reports to: President and Sr. Project Managers
The project manager position plans, directs, coordinates or budgets, usually through estimator, superintendent, and/or foremen, activities concerned with the construction projects. Participates in the conceptual development of a construction project and oversees its organization, scheduling and implementation.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Minimum of 2 years’ experience as an assistant project manager or similar experience with another company prior to joining C. T. Wilson.
2. Proficient in Procore and MS Office.
3. Able to create and update a project schedule in P6.
4. Proficient in project budget set up and cost to complete reviews to project final profits. Provide monthly projections to accounting.
5. Work with superintendents and foremen to plan, organize and direct activities concerned with construction projects.
6. Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of company policy and contract specifications. Confer with supervisors and foremen to discuss such matters as work procedures, complaints and construction problems.
7. Initiate and maintain liaison with owners and other contacts to facilitate project activities.
8. Monitor and control project through administrative direction of on-site foremen to ensure project is completed on schedule and within budget.
9. Investigate potentially serious situations and quickly implement corrective measures.
10. Professionally represent company in project meetings and attend strategy meetings. This includes appearance and attitude.
11. Work with operations manager, contract administrator, and project coordinators to manage financial aspects of contracts to protect company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with the customer.
12. May requisition supplies and materials to complete project.
13. Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers, and clients.
Influences others’ work
In-Town Job: Ability to travel to any location within 60-mile radius of corporate office. Company vehicle and gas or an auto allowance could be provided.
Required Education and Experience
College or Associates degree in related field or equivalent work experience
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.