For 90 years, the professional men and women of Blythe Construction, Inc. have literally paved the way for hundreds of public and private projects that have supported the Southeast's rise to prominence. From large interstate highways to small commercial site development, Blythe Construction employees perform with pride and creativity. We approach every project with a dedication to efficiency, technology and, most of all, safety. Blythe Construction is proud to be a part of this area's history and development, and a partner in the Carolina’s future.
A Project Engineer will perform project engineering and administration functions.
- Assists Project Manager in formulating and updating project schedule.
- Initiates purchase orders, subcontract agreements and change orders for review by Project Manager.
- Tracks weekly production quantities for accurate weekly/monthly cost reports.
- Produces and verifies monthly pay requests with owner.
- Processes all shop drawings, submittals, and coordinates material deliveries with Project Superintendent.
- Verifies all monthly accruals, revenue and costs.
- Oversees onsite Construction and Field Engineers.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each Key Duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and Experience. This position typically is not an entry-level job, as it requires previous experience as a Project Engineer. A college degree in civil engineering or construction management is required. Must be able to understand work directions and communicate effectively with project manager and on-site employees.
- Strong oral/written communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage and supervise engineering on multiple projects.
- Medical & Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Voluntary Term Life
- Long Term Disability
- Paid Vacation & Holiday Pay
- 401(k) Plan
- Additional Benefits including wellness coaching, etc..
We promote a Drug-Free Workplace.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability are encouraged to apply.