We are looking for a Pipefitter to join our growing team!
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Minimum Years of Experience Required: 5 Years Minimum
- Years of Education Required: High School/GED
- Willing to Travel
- Specialty: Commercial, Industrial, Institutional
- Must be Authorized to Work in the US
- Act with Integrity at all times
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures
- Previous experience in Pipe fitting required
- Able to interpret specifications, drawings, and submittals for installations.
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Lays out, assembles, installs, & maintains pipe systems, pipe supports, and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment for steam, hot water, heating, cooling, lubricating, and industrial production and processing systems, applying knowledge of system operation, and following blueprints.
- Selects type and size of pipe, and related materials and equipment, such as supports, hangers, and hydraulic cylinders, according to specifications.
- Inspects work site to determine presence of obstructions and to ascertain that holes cut for pipe will not cause structural weakness.
- Plans installation or repair to avoid obstructions and to avoid interfering with activities of other workers.
- Cuts pipe, using saws, pipe cutter, hammer and chisel, cutting torch, and pipe cutting machine.
- Threads pipe, using pipe threading machine.
- Assembles and installs variety of metal and nonmetal pipes, tubes, and fittings, including iron, steel, copper, and plastic.
- Connects pipes, using welded, threaded, caulked, soldered, brazed, fused, or cemented joints, and hand tools.
- Secures pipes to structure with brackets, clamps, and hangers, using hand tools and power tools.
- Installs and maintains hydraulic and pneumatic components of machines and equipment, such as pumps and cylinders, using hand tools.
- Increases pressure in pipe system and observes connected pressure gauge to test system for leaks. May weld pipe supports to structural steel members.
- May observe production machines in assigned area of manufacturing facility to detect machinery malfunctions.
- May be designated Steam Fitter when installing piping systems that must withstand high, medium, & low pressure.
If you are interested in joining our growing business, please submit your resume. Thank you for your interest in Mechworks Mechanical Contractors, Inc!