Position: Full Time
Location: Guilford County
Branch Civil is searching for a dependable, conscientious Pipe Foreman to join our well-established, growing company. The Foreman works with the Superintendents and Project Managers to coordinate pipeline operations and oversee pipe crew. The Pipe Foreman will supervise the lay out, installation and assembly of pipe projects. As the liaison between workers and supervisors, the Pipe Foreman is the key person in charge of overseeing the completion of the project and must be able to see the “big picture” at all times. The foreman must be aware of materials expenses, permits and other regulations, as well as employee safety.
- Ensures crew maintains professional relations with Owner, Engineer, and other members of the team.
- Builds job by plans and specifications as directed by supervisor.
- Supervises the lay out, assembly and installation of various sizes and types of utility pipe.
- Prior to commencing work activities, develops and executes an effective plan in cooperation with the Superintendent for pipe installation and determines the means and methods necessary (including individual work activities) to meet project goals.
- Assures the proper storage of materials and rented equipment, including regular checks of job for material and equipment inventory.
- Assures the proper operation and maintenance of equipment under their control, including appropriate applications for the respective equipment.
- Reviews Miss Utility policy and ensures employee compliance.
- Preplans and schedules pipe installation on a daily basis as required.
- Knowledgeable of inspection requirements and material or equipment requirements.
- Recognizes and immediately reports any requests for extra work.
- Prepares or assists the Superintendent in the preparation of daily reports, work unit quantity reports, equipment reports, and receipt of materials.
- Assures quality control and contract compliance of pipe installation under his / her supervision. Corrects or reports to the superintendent any suspicions of inaccurate layout.
- Is in direct charge of safety and accident control for the pipe installation under his/her supervision.
- Participates in safety meetings and the implementation of effective safety programs and communication of Miss Utility policy.
- Cooperates with Corporate Safety managers to ensure OSHA compliance at job sites.
- Assists in conducting post-incident investigations.
- Identifies and recommends workers for potential career growth opportunities.
- Responsible for training and development of workers.
- Uses Next day planner to ensure everything needed to perform the work task is available.
- Attends End-Of-Shift Meetings and is prepared to discuss coordination & operation issues.
- Regularly conducts effective Morning Huddles.
- Participates in Weekly Team Meeting and helps develop Weekly Work Plan.
- Promotes work environment that fosters good employee morale with emphasis on mutual respect.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Certified to enter confined spaces, including climbing into and out of excavations up to 15 feet in depth, using ladders or crawling, as required.
- 10 hour OSHA certification required; 30 hour certification preferred.
- Working knowledge of standards, specifications, codes, regulations and laws
- Working knowledge of applicable OSHA and DOT guidelines.
- 5+ years’ experience with highway/utility construction
- 3+ years’ experience as a Pipe Foreman
- Must have a valid driver’s license and must meet Branch Group Fleet Policy requirements and maintain “Approved Driver” status.
- Must have excellent communications skills
- Ability to use good judgement with the ability to be an effective decision maker
- Has an ability to get job done with minimal supervision, on time, within budget or better.
This position will potentially supervise 5 or more employees.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), 100% contributed by company
- 401 (K) with Match
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
Building Legacies for a Thriving Future
We encourage Minorities and Females to Apply. EOE M/F/D/V. VA Cont. Lic., Class A, #2701-029434A.