Since 1947, Crowder has built a legacy of success in the construction industry. We work throughout the Southeast on heavy construction infrastructure projects ranging from bridges, dams, water and waste water treatment facilities, power plants and other energy facilities. We are a general contractor who self performs civil, electrical and mechanical trades on both traditional and more complex alternative delivery projects.
As a family-owned company, it is the spirit of not only doing the right things, but doing things the right way that is the true legacy of our founders and our people. Crowder is Building America and Proud of It® as reflected in our Mission Statement:
We are dedicated to superior performance and committed to making a positive difference for our clients, for our communities, and in the lives of our employees.
If you are looking for a career, not just a job, with a company committed to your future, apply today.
CROWDER IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY (EOE) AFFIRMATIVE ACTION (AA) EMPLOYER
Qualified Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Crowder is a Drug Free Workplace and E-Verify Employer
REQUIREMENTS: ALL Applicants must be:
- 18 years of Age
- Able to Pass a Drug Test
- Legally Eligible to Work in the US
- Additional Requirements for Craftworkers:
- Must have own transportation to and from jobsite every work day (driver's license not required)
- Must provide own hand tools (excluding power tools)
- May be expected to travel where the project requires (multi-state opportunities)
Primary Function: Lay out and assembles bolt and flanged pipe.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Selects type and size of pipe and related materials according to job specifications.
- Plan sequence of installation to avoid obstructions and activities of other construction workers.
- Thread pipe using threading machine.
- Bend pipe using a pipe bending machine.
- Assemble and install a variety of metal and nonmetal pipe and pipe fittings, including those made of brass, copper, lead, carbon, stainless steel, and plastic.
- Join pipe through threading, soldering, gluing, and bolting.
- Secure pipes to structures with clamps, brackets, and hangers, using hand or power tools.
- Test piping systems for leaks by increasing pressure in pipes and observing gauges attached to pipes for indication of leaks.
- Maintain knowledge of all tools required to perform the pipe discipline.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications, & Experience:
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
- Follow instructions and read blueprints.
- Work at heights with comfort and ease.
- Use logical step-by-step procedures in work.
- Plan work and solve problems.
- Make decisions based on measurable information.
- Perform a variety of duties which may change often and operate machinery.
- Visualize objects in three-dimensions from plans and drawings.
- May be required to satisfactorily demonstrate craft certification through written and/ or performance test, developed and prepared by independent third party.
At the heart of Crowder’s Mission Statement is the commitment to “make a positive difference in the lives of our employees.” Our comprehensive benefits package is custom-designed to achieve that goal through access to the following benefits:
- Health Plans, including Medical, Dental and Vision
- Healthcare Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Wellness Program with Incentives
- 401k Savings and Profit Sharing Plan with Matching Contributions
- Life/AD&D Insurance
- Supplemental Voluntary and Dependent Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Hospital Indemnity and Critical Illness
- Company Paid Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Crowder YOUniversity Career-Based Training
- Educational Assistance
- Direct Deposit
Benefits may vary based on position and length of employment.
Click the Apply button above to be considered for the opening.