We are currently seeking an Overhead Distribution General Foreperson to join our Utility Lines Construction Services, Inc. team in the Overhead Maintenance and Construction Department.
We offer excellent opportunities for career oriented individuals that want to be a part of our team. Our goal is to provide a safe work environment for all of our employees to perform quality work with our many clients. ULCS employees share in Productivity and Safety Incentive programs. We also offer an excellent compensation package that includes a competitive benefits package, paid holidays, and paid vacation. Flame Retardant clothing is provided for all employees at no cost to them. Various work locations do offer employee payroll deduct programs for work boots and tools for the job.
Our company performs work within the South Eastern Region of the United Stated. Many projects have immediate openings. Our region offices are located in Indian Trail, North Carolina, and Chattanooga, Tennessee. We offer year round employment with a company that values the team approach toward building quality projects. If you are looking for your next career advancement and are a goal oriented person that wants to work for a company that values safety and appreciates good employees, please apply today.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implementing and enforcing the safety program at the field level.
- Setting safety standards and expectations for Forepersons.
- Ensuring Foreperson and Crew Member job specific training is completed and documented.
- Documenting Foreperson/crew evaluations.
- Conducting safety meetings/crew safety audits.
- Coaching, counseling, and correcting unsafe behavior.
- Providing coaching, counseling and disciplining employees according to policy. Clearly communicating expectations to employees.
- Stop work when unsafe acts are identified.
- Performing safety inspections utilizing the job behavior observation program and tool/
Equipment /required manuals inspection.
- Performs driver’s license/medical card checks.
- Conducting incident investigations.
- Investigating and monitoring claims and assisting region insurance examiners.
- Reporting injuries, incidents and near misses to Region Safety Supervisor and Manager
- Reports all injuries no matter how minor to the Region Safety Supervisor and Manager immediately.
- Communicates with customers, property owners, general public, other contractors, utility representatives, and government agencies.
- Regulate and maintain fleet.
- Regulate and maintain work progress.
- Maintain and track production, completed work, and billing.
- Maintain and track department employees working hours.
- Ensure daily testing and inspection of assigned tools and equipment.
- Maintain company equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Weather permitting, this is a minimum 40 hour per week job.
- Any other duties related to the installation of Overhead Power Supply.
- Due to the inherently dangerous nature of the industry and the requirements to work with or around hazardous equipment, employees must be able to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to understand project work plans.
- Must be able to problem solve with unidentified circumstances on any particular job.
- Must wear approved Fire Retardant clothing.
- Must be able to inspect/wear PPE as necessary.
- Must have knowledge to know when wearing PPE is expected.
- Must be able to safely drive an approved company vehicle.
- Must be able to enter and exit a vehicle numerous times a day.
- Must be able to withstand exposure to all kinds of weather while completing work assignments, i.e., rain, heat, sun, cold.
- Must be able to traverse various terrains.
- Must be able to write, read and comprehend written and verbal job instructions/information.
- Must demonstrate Strong computer skills: Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Must possess strong communication skills both written and spoken.
- Must be able to communicate and handle confrontations professionally.
- Must have transportation to and from the show up location.
- Must be able to maintain attention during dangerous tasks.
- Must be able to lift, move and maneuver up to 50 pounds on an infrequent basis, and up to 10 pounds on a frequent basis.
- Must have endurance necessary to perform these duties throughout a standard eight or ten hour day. Must be able to work long hours and overtime during emergencies (including holidays, weekends, etc. Subject to call out work).
- Must have knowledge of heavy equipment.
- Must have sufficient eyesight to judge distances and coordination to get and use the appropriate equipment and tools.
- Must have knowledge of Setting poles and anchors.
- Must have knowledge of Stringing overhead wire.
- Must have knowledge of Proper sagging techniques.
- Must have knowledge of Installing transformers, lightening arrestors, cutouts, crossarms, insulators, switches and switchgear.
- Must have knowledge of Troubleshooting trouble in primary and secondary systems.
- Must have knowledge of Replaces cutout fuses and clears faulted circuits and systems.
- Must have knowledge of Working with energized high voltage systems requiring specific skill set.
- Must have knowledge of installing and removing a service.
- Must be able to identify primary and secondary voltage.
- Must have knowledge of tying in a primary conductor.
- Must have knowledge of phasing a circuit through a substation.
- Must be able to identify induced voltage.
- Must have knowledge of checking voltage on transformers.
- Must have knowledge of a one shot on a recloser.
- Must have knowledge of grounding procedures.
- Must have understanding of flag and tag procedures.
- Must be able to identify different materials used in linework.
- Must have understanding of Kellum grips.
- Must have knowledge of phasing sticks.
- Must have knowledge of load break tool.
- Must have knowledge of a reconductoring job.
- Must be capable of working heights or confined spaces.
- Must have knowledge of trenching and shoring.
- Must have knowledge of rigging, hand lines, and lineman knot tying.
- Must have knowledge of making and using a hand line
- Must have knowledge of assisting hooking up a single or three phase transformer.
- Must be able to inspect/use proper cover up.
- Must have knowledge of minimum approach distance.
- Must be capable of bucket rescue.
- Must have knowledge of safely installing and removing a mechanical jumper.
- Must be able to climb different structures and possess the tools to do the climb.
- Must be able to identify, operate and service all required tools and equipment.(i.e., bucket truck, digger derrick truck, tensioners, puller, rollers, hand tamp, chain saw, concrete saw, shovel)
- Must be able to operate and service all required tools and equipment.
- Must be willing to travel out of state for emergency storm work.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must have a valid CDL Driver’s License.
- Must have proven previous OH Maintenance Supervision experience.
Range of Motion
Hearing – Speech Range
Sense of Touch
Climbing On/Off Truck
Lifting Up to 10 lbs.
Lifting Over 10 lbs. to 50 lbs.
Lifting Up to 50 lbs.
Meaning of Terms:
- Rarely = less than 10%
- Occasionally = up to 33%
- Frequently = up to 66%
- Continuously = from 67% to 100%
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation. Individuals with a disability who desire a reasonable accommodation should contact the ADA Coordinator at 1-800-248-8733, ext. 1339.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.