~~Stock Building Supply is a leading building materials and solutions company for professional homebuilders and contractors in the United States. We are committed to providing an exceptional customer experience for builders and contractors who are engaged in single- and multi-family residential, repair and remodel and light commercial construction.
As a leading building materials and solutions company, we have learned a great deal about creating and sustaining customer relationships. We serve many markets throughout the United States and leverage our national presence to offer the products that homeowners demand, delivered with our “customer-focused, associate-driven” spirit.
Our Employees Model Our Company Core Values
Achieving our mission requires great people who are bright, creative, and energetic, and who possess the following values:
• Teamwork- We will leverage our capabilities to delivered unparalleled value to our customers
• Integrity – We will be trustworthy and ensure that utmost integrity in all our endeavors
• People- We treat people with respect and develop talent to drive a competitive advantage
• Performance – We consistently perform above expectations and set the pace in the markets we serve
• Service – We will profitably serve our customers and provide SOLUTIONS that help their business thrive.
BASIC PURPOSE: (Primary purpose of the position)
Ensures all equipment is operational and repaired in a timely manner. Performs general and preventative maintenance and keeps appropriate records of all repairs and costs.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES: (Primary accountability for specific functions and results)
1. Repairs production equipment, forklifts, trailers, and other facility equipment as necessary.
2. Makes repairs to hydraulic and cable boom, including total disassembly.
3. Designs and builds equipment as needed for various phases of plant or facility operation and shipping.
4. Installs safety equipment.
5. Maintains maintenance supplies and spare parts.
6. Keeps service and maintenance records and schedules of repair on all equipment.
7. Performs preventative maintenance as scheduled.
8. Monitors vendor repair costs, materials, time and parts.
9. Able to troubleshoot system failures and recommend methods of repair.
10. Other duties as assigned by location management.
BASIC SPECIFICATIONS: (requirements to perform at a proficient level and be fully qualified)
1. Minimum education required—Associate degree or higher in relevant field.
2. Minimum experience required—5 yrs maintenance and repair on similar equipment.
3. Special skills required—Working knowledge of electrical, wiring, plumbing, carpentry and welding systems.
4. Other—Ability to disassemble and assemble for repair various types of equipment and internal systems.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate. Stock Building Supply and it's subsidiaries does not discriminate in practices or employment opportunities on the basis of an individual's race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other proscribed category set forth in federal or state regulations.