~~Stock Building Supply is a leading building materials and solutions company for professional homebuilders and contractors in the United States. We are committed to providing an exceptional customer experience for builders and contractors who are engaged in single- and multi-family residential, repair and remodel and light commercial construction.
As a leading building materials and solutions company, we have learned a great deal about creating and sustaining customer relationships. We serve many markets throughout the United States and leverage our national presence to offer the products that homeowners demand, delivered with our “customer-focused, associate-driven” spirit.
Our Employees Model Our Company Core Values
Achieving our mission requires great people who are bright, creative, and energetic, and who possess the following values:
• Teamwork- We will leverage our capabilities to delivered unparalleled value to our customers
• Integrity – We will be trustworthy and ensure that utmost integrity in all our endeavors
• People- We treat people with respect and develop talent to drive a competitive advantage
• Performance – We consistently perform above expectations and set the pace in the markets we serve
• Service – We will profitably serve our customers and provide SOLUTIONS that help their business thrive.
Entry level position responsible for the safe operation of a forklift with foot and hand controls to stock all lumber and building materials. Work within established work and safety procedures.
1. Operates forklift with foot and hand controls.
2. Safely load lumber and building materials into storage facilities. Including the safe use of automated loading systems.
3. Keeps all bays stocked and neat to facilitate efficient loadbuilding processes.
4. Uses forklift to build outgoing orders for lumber and building materials.
5. Uses forklift to load completed orders onto delivery equipment maintaining safe procedures and stacking methods.
6. Empties trash receptacles as necessary.
7. Operates bander and other facility equipment as necessary.
8. Keep staging areas clean and organized.
9. Follow safety procedures as outlined by company safety program and operator manual for forklift.
10. Maintain a current forklift operator’s license
1. Assist loadbuilders and delivery as required by location management.
2. Inventory monitoring as required by location management.
3. Wear required attire and personal protective gear.
4. Other duties as required.
1. Minimum education required—High school or G.E.D., Forklift Training and safety orientation.
2. Minimum experience required—Up to 6 months experience in building materials or manufacturing facility or similar operating environment.
3. Special skills required—Product knowledge for lumber and building materials, use a tape measure and hammer safely.
4. Other—Majority of work is outside in working conditions that vary depending on seasons. Temperature variations and inclement weather are real aspects of the work environment. Must be able to lift up to 100 lbs. with assistance, spend long amounts of time sitting, stooping, reaching, bending, climbing, standing or walking. Frequently works overtime during peak business months.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate. Stock Building Supply and it's subsidiaries does not discriminate in practices or employment opportunities on the basis of an individual's race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other proscribed category set forth in federal or state regulations.