Stock Building Supply is a leading building materials and solutions company for professional homebuilders and contractors in the United States. We are committed to providing an exceptional customer experience for builders and contractors who are engaged in single- and multi-family residential, repair and remodel and light commercial construction.
As a leading building materials and solutions company, we have learned a great deal about creating and sustaining customer relationships. We serve many markets throughout the United States and leverage our national presence to offer the products that homeowners demand, delivered with our “customer-focused, associate-driven” spirit.
Our Employees Model Our Company Core Values
Achieving our mission requires great people who are bright, creative, and energetic, and who possess the following values:
• Teamwork- We will leverage our capabilities to delivered unparalleled value to our customers
• Integrity – We will be trustworthy and ensure that utmost integrity in all our endeavors
• People- We treat people with respect and develop talent to drive a competitive advantage
• Performance – We consistently perform above expectations and set the pace in the markets we serve
• Service – We will profitably serve our customers and provide SOLUTIONS that help their business thrive.
Support the development and analysis of the Stock Building Supply product configuration application. Individual will be part of the configurator team responsible for the development and optimization of manufactured/assembled products.
1. Develop Mfg Bills of Material(BOM) & Router rules within configuration module to facilitate the build of finished millwork products.
2. Work with the Product Data File team to setup required component parts.
3. Set-up and maintain standards for required configuration models, tables, rules, etc to facilitate ease of bid/order entry for manufactured and assembled products.
4. Train associates on Bills of Material(BOM) maintenance as needed.
5. Participate in acquisition conversions to configurator module.
6. Follow direction of immediate supervisor ensuring accurate detail and programming.
7. Other duties as assigned.
1. Minimum education required— Bachelor’s degree in related field. Manufacturing configuration systems / Supply Chain. Applicable work experience may be substituted for educational requirements.
2. Minimum experience required—1-2 years experience in Manufacturing and Bills of Material(BOM) configuration development.
3. Special skills required—Product knowledge in door and window manufacturing preferred, component parts and overall knowledge of what makes up a finished good unit and its function for the customer.
4. High level of experience and expertise with Microsoft Office suite of products.
**Up to 10% travel.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate. Stock Building Supply and it's subsidiaries does not discriminate in practices or employment opportunities on the basis of an individual's race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other proscribed category set forth in federal or state regulations.