Maintenance of Traffic (MOT) Foreman
Position: Full Time
Location: Guilford County
Branch Civil is searching for a dependable, conscientious Maintenance of Traffic (MOT) Foreman to join our well-established, growing company. The MOT Foreman supervises and maintains traffic within the limits of the project for the duration of the construction period, including any temporary suspensions of the work. The Foreman furnishes, installs and maintains traffic control and safety devices during construction. The Foreman provides for safe and expeditious movement of traffic specified on the plans.
· Is in direct charge of safety and accident control for the traffic control under his/her supervision.
· Participates in safety meetings and the implementation of effective safety programs and communication of Miss Utility policy.
- Ensures crew maintains professional relations with Owner, Engineer, and other members of the team.
- Builds job by plans and specifications as directed by supervisor.
- Prior to commencing work activities, develops and executes an effective plan in cooperation with the Superintendent for traffic control and determines the means and methods necessary (including individual work activities) to meet project goals.
- Plans, organizes and supervises all equipment and materials needed to set-up, take down, maintain traffic control, and handle traffic-related situations.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of traffic control technicians and traffic control specialists; assign specific projects and monitor activities to ensure compliance.
- Assures the proper storage of materials and rented equipment, including regular checks of job for material and equipment inventory.
- Assures the proper operation and maintenance of equipment under their control, including appropriate applications for the respective equipment.
- Ensures compliance with Miss Utility regulations.
- Preplans and schedules traffic control on a daily basis as required.
- Knowledgeable of inspection requirements and material or equipment requirements.
- Recognizes and immediately reports any requests for extra work.
- Prepares or assists the Superintendent in the preparation of daily reports, work unit quantity reports, equipment reports, and receipt of materials.
- Assures quality control and contract compliance of craft activity under his / her supervision. Corrects or reports to the superintendent any suspicions of inaccurate layout.
- Cooperates with Corporate Safety managers to ensure OSHA compliance at jobsites.
- Assists in conducting post-incident investigations.
- Identifies and recommends workers for potential career growth opportunities.
- Responsible for training and development of workers.
- Uses Next day planner to ensure everything needed to perform the work task is available.
- Attends End-Of-Shift Meetings and is prepared to discuss coordination & operation issues.
- Regularly conducts effective Morning Huddles.
- Participates in Weekly Team Meeting and helps develop Weekly Work Plan.
- Promotes work environment that fosters good employee morale with emphasis on mutual respect.
- Must have DOT traffic control certification
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 5 years of experience planning, organizing and supervising all equipment and materials needed to set-up, take down, maintain traffic control, and handle traffic-related situations is required, 2 years of experience at the lead level or an equivalent combination of closely related training and experience.
- Working knowledge of standards, specifications, codes, regulations and laws
- Working knowledge of OSHA regulations
- Must have a valid driver’s license and must meet Branch Group Fleet Policy requirements and maintain “Approved Driver” status.
- Must have excellent communications skills
- Ability to use good judgement with the ability to be an effective decision maker
- Must have the ability to get job done with minimal supervision, on time, within budget or better.
This position will potentially supervise 5 or more employees.
Travel is infrequent at project site. However, employee should be willing and able to travel to project site.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), 100% contributed by company
- 401 (K) with Match
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
Building Legacies for a Thriving Future
We encourage Minorities and Females to Apply. EOE M/F/D/V. VA Cont. Lic., Class A, #2701-029434A.