~~Stock Building Supply is a leading building materials and solutions company for professional homebuilders and contractors in the United States. We are committed to providing an exceptional customer experience for builders and contractors who are engaged in single- and multi-family residential, repair and remodel and light commercial construction.
As a leading building materials and solutions company, we have learned a great deal about creating and sustaining customer relationships. We serve many markets throughout the United States and leverage our national presence to offer the products that homeowners demand, delivered with our “customer-focused, associate-driven” spirit.
Our Employees Model Our Company Core Values
Achieving our mission requires great people who are bright, creative, and energetic, and who possess the following values:
• Teamwork- We will leverage our capabilities to delivered unparalleled value to our customers
• Integrity – We will be trustworthy and ensure that utmost integrity in all our endeavors
• People- We treat people with respect and develop talent to drive a competitive advantage
• Performance – We consistently perform above expectations and set the pace in the markets we serve
• Service – We will profitably serve our customers and provide SOLUTIONS that help their business thrive.
BASIC PURPOSE: (Primary purpose of the position)
Responsible for the assembly of components on either an exterior or interior line. Provides direction to others on line.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES: (Primary accountability for specific functions and results)
1. Responsible for the assembly of components on either an exterior or interior line.
2. Accountable for quality control of finished unit.
3. Stacks plates on floor for proper component assembly sequence.
4. Numbers components on plates.
5. Cuts-in wind bracing.
6. Read blueprints to determine correct sheathing and size of studs to be used.
7. Tracks man hours per job.
8. Keeps appropriate associates informed of specified requirements on customer orders.
9. Informs forklift operator of needed materials to stock lines.
10. Trains new assemblers.
11. Cross-trained in other work areas of manufacturing facility.
12. Responsible for housekeeping and product integrity within work area.
BASIC SPECIFICATIONS: (requirements to perform at a proficient level and be fully qualified)
1. Minimum education required—High school or GED.
2. Minimum experience required—1-2 yrs experience in component assembly process.
3. Special skills required— Use and read a measuring tape and framing square correctly. Operate multiple types of machines including saws and automated-assembly machinery. Ability to communicate with other coworkers and supervisors.
4. Other-- Lifting up to 100 lb. Dusty and noisy environment when operating woodworking machines and tools. Ear protection required when exposed to noise for an extended period of time, eye protection and hard soles shoes required at all times. Overtime work could be involved.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate. Stock Building Supply and it's subsidiaries does not discriminate in practices or employment opportunities on the basis of an individual's race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other proscribed category set forth in federal or state regulations.