The Lead Technical Support Engineer develops practical and innovative ways to identify and meet goals. In this role you will be responsible for work that is less defined in scope, utilize your understanding and experience to execute business objectives, and have ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
As the Lead Technical Support Advisor, you will:
- Serve as the 1st and 2nd level support function in the global technical support team
- Provide technical support to the local field technicians in high-level cases (via phone and also at site)
- Analyze the failure and availability statistics of the local installed fleet
- Cooperate with the functional technical support team to increase the system performance, based on statistical data
- Support the regional managers in all technical needs and during customer visits
- Close cooperation with the 1st level of the support function to identify failure trend in an early phase and to initiate corrective actions
- Technical supervision for retrofits and validation of performance increase
- Assist the functional technical support and product service engineering groups during RCA programs
- Field test of prototype retrofits and verification if the technical documentation fulfills the local needs and initiate updates with PSE / ARE / NPI
- Provide start up support in growing markets with temporary local presence
- Maintaining and detailing technical documentation including manuals, processes and method of procedures
- Perform collateral duties as assigned to meet business needs as they relate to EHS, Quality, Integrity, etc.
- Support training efforts for peers, customers, and field personnel as needed.
- Manage & schedule third party service partners and relates systems tasks as required
- Support Failure Mode Analysis (FMA) activities in cooperation with engineering and quality
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college (OR a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in an engineering position)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in an engineering position
- Ability and Willingness to travel 25% of the time
Additional Elgibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Experience in an electrical or mechanical industrial apprenticeship
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Ability to analyze technical processes
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification
- Ability to make quick decisions in order to adapt to any situation
- Quality awareness and ability to identify future failures, defects, and problems
- Structured work methods and analytical skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Minimum of 5 years of experience troubleshooting, repairing, and/or engineering automatic transfer switch devices
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections