We are currently seeking a Landscape Site Supervisor to join our team.
Management of Grounds Team, including all necessary training and paper work while maintaining assigned property in a first class fashion and staying within budgetary guidelines.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the management and oversight of one property.
- Ensure that customer satisfaction levels are maintained at the highest level on every account, constant communication with your Operations Manager is essential.
- Establish daily meetings before leaving shop with Operations Manager.
- Meet calendar deadlines on all seasonal operations.
- Inform Operations Manager of schedules on a weekly basis.
- At the end of each day prepare any necessary paperwork, chemicals, gas, equipment, mulch, plants etc. for the next day.
- Responsible for assigned truck and equipment. Must maintain in a first class fashion, clean on a weekly basis.
- Review budget outlines with Operations Manager on a weekly basis.
- Promote positive attitude, efficiency and productiveness in the Landscape Department, i.e., inspections.
- Must participate in training programs. Lead and train, by example, inexperienced grounds personnel based on policy and procedures as described in the procedures manual.
- Document on time sheets job related problems, i.e., tardiness, absenteeism, uniform compliance concerning eventual probation or termination.
- Review job performance of team members on a 30-day, 90-day and one-year basis.
- Turn in all mechanical equipment to shop per preventative maintenance schedule.
- Monitor irrigation systems on a regularly scheduled basis for optimum performance.
- Ensure all injuries are reported and accident reports are filled out within 24 hours after incident.
- Maintain a professional appearance at all times (must be in uniform), and ensure team compliance.
- Manage annual flowers, pots, and hanging baskets at an optimum level.
- Be familiar with the maintenance contractual obligations of each account.
- Promote and maintain a safe working environment and attitude for your team.
- Attendance Requirements are approximately 40 hours per week. Begins 6:00 a.m., ends 3:00 p.m. with a one (1) hour unpaid lunch period. Occasional Saturday work and overtime required during peak season and inclement weather and/or make up rain
- Performs other duties as required.
- Must be able to communicate, read and write in English.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Must have a horticulture degree or experience equivalent.
- Six (6) months or more prior experience as an Assistant Supervisor is preferred.
- Must be competent in horticultural practices and have, or be able to acquire, a thorough knowledge of Providence Landscape Group policies and procedures.
- Must be capable of training new team members in Providence Landscape Group horticultural practices and procedures.
- Must have a valid North Carolina Pesticide License.
- Must have excellent motivation and organizational skills.
- Due to the inherently dangerous nature of the industry and the requirements to work with or around hazardous equipment, employees must be able to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to wear PPE as necessary.
- Must be able to enter and exit a vehicle numerous times a day.
- Must be able to withstand exposure to all kinds of weather while completing work assignments, i.e., rain, heat, sun, cold.
- Must be able to traverse various terrains.
- Must be able to write, read and comprehend written and verbal job instructions/information.
- Must be able to communicate with others.
- Must have endurance necessary to perform these duties throughout a standard eight or ten hour day. Must be able to work long hours and overtime during emergencies (including holidays, weekends, etc. Subject to call out work).
- Must have sufficient eyesight to judge distances and coordination to get and use the appropriate equipment and tools.
- Must be able to operate and service all required tools and equipment.
- Must have transportation to and from the show up location.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Must be able to pass a background check and Motor Vehicle Records Check (MVR).
Rarely = less than 10%
Occasionally = up to 33%
Frequently = up to 66%
Continuously = 67% to 100%
Range of Motion
Hearing – Speech Range
Sense of Touch
Climbing On/Off Truck
Lifting Up to 10 lbs.
Lifting Over 10 lbs. to 50 lbs.
Lifting Up to 50 lbs.
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation. Individuals with a disability who desire a reasonable accommodation should contact the ADA Coordinator at 1-800-248-8733, ext. 1339.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.