We are currently seeking a Landscape Groundsperson to join our team.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Operates mechanized equipment for up to eight (8) hours per day including, riding mower, push mower, edger, backpack blower, string trimmer, chain saw, tiller, water tank
- Uses hand tools such as shovels, rakes, shears, and pruners
- Meets with team promptly at starting time to discuss daily work plan
- Assists in keeping work area neat, clean, and orderly
- Assists in loading and unloading equipment, tools, and supplies on truck
- Ensures equipment is fully operational before leaving the shop on a daily basis
- Informs supervisor of landscape problem areas on site
- Performs all infield job related tasks in safe and efficiently
- Thoroughly cleans used equipment and stores in designated areas on a daily basis
- Attendance Requirements are approximately 40 hours per week. Beginning 6:30am and typically ending at 3:30pm with a one (1) hour lunch; Saturday and overtime hours are required on occasion
- Performs other duties as required.
- Be responsive toward coworkers and display confidence to team members
- Maintain a professional appearance at all times while abiding by the uniform code
- Must be able to climb a ladder to access trees for pruning
- Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions, heat, cold, dry or rain
- Must participate in training programs
- Must be able to visually inspect plants for pest populations
- Must be able to safely and effectively operate power equipment
- Due to the inherently dangerous nature of the industry and the requirements to work with or around hazardous equipment, employees must be able to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to wear PPE as necessary.
- Must be able to enter and exit a vehicle numerous times a day.
- Must be able to withstand exposure to all kinds of weather while completing work assignments, i.e., rain, heat, sun, cold.
- Must be able to traverse various terrains.
- Must be able to write, read and comprehend written and verbal job instructions/information.
- Must be able to communicate with others.
- Must be able to maintain attention during dangerous tasks.
- Must be able to lift, move and maneuver up to 50 pounds on an frequent basis, and up to 100 pounds on a infrequent basis.
- Must have endurance necessary to perform these duties throughout a standard eight or ten hour day. Must be able to work long hours and overtime during emergencies (including holidays, weekends, etc. Subject to call out work).
- Must have knowledge of heavy equipment.
- Must have sufficient eyesight to judge distances and coordination to get and use the appropriate equipment and tools.
- Must be able to operate and service all required tools and equipment.
- Must have transportation to and from the show up location.
- Must be willing to travel out of state for emergency storm work.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Must be able to pass a background check and Motor Vehicle Records Check (MVR).
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
Rarely = less than 10%
Occasionally = up to 33%
Frequently = up to 66%
Continuously = 67% to 100%
Range of Motion
Hearing – Speech Range
Sense of Touch
Climbing On/Off Trucks and Equipment
Lifting Up to 10 lbs.
Lifting Over 10 lbs. to 50 lbs.
Lifting Up to 50 lbs.
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation. Individuals with a disability who desire a reasonable accommodation should contact the ADA Coordinator at 1-800-248-8733, ext. 1339.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.