WK Dickson believes that our people are our most valuable asset. From engineers to urban planners and scientists to surveyors, WK Dickson offers its clients a vast network of talent and passion.
WK Dickson's people are the best in the business, and our success comes from the personal drive of each of us. Our firm was built on the philosophy that people do business with people they like. That goes for our coworkers, too. We work hard. We take risks. We succeed together.
Land Development designers / civil engineering designers work collaboratively with architects, civil engineers, surveyors and other professionals to plan and design projects such as parks, schools, hospitals, roads, malls, plazas, sports complexes, holiday resorts, hotel complexes, shopping centers, airports, housing subdivisions, national parks, playgrounds and commercial, industrial and residential sites.
- Review and implement jurisdictional regulations and guidelines in the preparation of conceptual master site plans, specifications, and cost estimates for land development, coordinating arrangement of existing and proposed land features and structures.
- Consult with clients, engineering personnel, landscape architects, and architects on overall program.
- Compile and analyze data on conditions, such as location, drainage, and location of structures for environmental reports and landscaping plans.
- Work from sketches, notes and other input material to produce computer generated graphs, charts, overlays and completed drawings. Can complete finished product with limited direction.
- Utilize appropriate software applications including but not limited to AutoCAD/Civil 3D, Photoshop, SketchUp and Microsoft Office.
- Inspect site and landscape work to ensure compliance with specifications, approve quality of materials and work, and advise client and construction personnel.
- Deliver projects to clients that illustrate sustainable design practices and realistic constructability while meeting client needs.
- Maintain technical coordination with staff.
- Maintain positive communication with staff, clients and subcontractors.
- Follow general instructions and company policies and procedures.
- Comply with all company safety policies and rules.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited program in civil engineering, landscape architecture or related field
- 1-3 years of experience, some experience preferred, internships acceptable
- Professional landscape architecture or civil engineering (EI) licensure in a state in which we do business is preferred. Reciprocity acceptable.
- Strong computer skills, preparation of hand-drawn sketches, perspectives and renderings is preferred
- Analytical skills with ability to prepare statistical reports.
- Ability to work well independently and on a team.
- Ability to communicate ideas and technical information to staff, supervisors and clients in a professional manner.
- Travel as necessary to meet the needs of the position.
- Valid driver's license.
Company Benefits: With Wellness Premium Credit, Employees are eligible for free medical and dental coverage.
Employees are able to take advantage of our:
- Exclusive Talent Development Program
- Project Management Curriculum
- Mentoring/Coaching program
In addition WK Dickson offers its employees a competitive benefits package including:
- Competitive salaries
- Medical, dental, prescription drug, and vision care plans
- Matching 401K program
- Life insurance
- Short and long term disabilities benefits
- Supplemental insurance option
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Policy
- Paid Holidays
- Continuing education / tuition reimbursement
- Professional registration reimbursement
- Flexible spending account (FSA)
- Performance-based incentives
- Spot bonuses
- Employee referral bonuses
- Flex-time policy (half-day Fridays)
- Moving and relocation assistance
- Business casual work environment
- Company-sponsored social events
- Community giving and charitable programs
Specific programs vary by region, in accordance with the competitive environments of local areas.