Wharton-Smith, Inc. currently has immediate openings for Laborers in Shelby, NC.
We offer a competitive salary and field benefits.
- Measures distances from grade stakes, drives stakes, and stretches tight line.
- Bolts, nails, aligns, and blocks up under forms.
- Signals operators of construction equipment to facilitate alignment, movement, and adjustment of machinery to conform to grade specifications.
- Levels earth to fine grade specifications.
- Mixes concrete.
- Smooths and finishes freshly poured cement or concrete.
- Positions, joins, aligns, and seals pipe sections.
- Erects scaffolding, shoring, and braces.
- Mops, brushes, or spreads paints or bituminous compounds over surfaces for protection.
- Sprays materials such as water, sand, steam, vinyl, paint, or stucco through hose to clean, coat, or seal surfaces.
- Applies caulking compounds by hand or with caulking gun to seal crevices.
- Grinds, sands, or polishes surfaces such as concrete, marble, terrazzo, or wood flooring.
- Demolishes buildings, saws lumber, dismantles forms, removes projections from concrete, mounts pipe hangers, and cuts and attaches insulating material.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of the language (vocabulary) used in the construction trade.
- Understanding of simple and complex instruction, both oral and written