For 90 years, the professional men and women of Blythe Construction, Inc. have literally paved the way for hundreds of public and private projects that have supported the Southeast's rise to prominence. From large interstate highways to small commercial site development, Blythe Construction employees perform with pride and creativity. We approach every project with a dedication to efficiency, technology and, most of all, safety. Blythe Construction is proud to be a part of this area's history and development, and a partner in the Carolina’s future.
General Description. This position is to provide first level support for desktops with Windows operating systems, troubleshoot problems with applications software, assist users in the efficient use of applications, and provide clear and concise technical communications about problems that must be escalated. The successful candidate will be a member of the IT department and will assist with every day IT operations across our locations. A thorough knowledge of Windows software, variety of hardware knowledge and good communication and people skills are necessary.
- Review tickets in IT Help Desk and provide end-user desktop support via remote support tools
- Install and configure new Windows 10/7 computers and monitors
- Assist with system administration tasks, including server upgrades, updates, patches, deployments, architecture review / design and general best practices
- Document/update processes and procedures
- Assist with other projects and responsibilities as required
- Other duties as assigned
General. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each Key Duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education, Experience and Skills.
- College degree related to information technology (experience will be accepted for the education requirement)
- Experience with Windows 7/10, Windows Server 2008-2016, server hardware, storage, switches, routers, firewalls, access points, video-conferencing, printers, copiers, smartphones, VoIP, LAN, WAN, VMware, SCCM, WSUS, Active Directory, Group Policy, DHCP, DNS, SharePoint, Office 365, applications, antivirus, spyware removal, backup/restore
- Experience providing end user support
- Experience with a ticketing system
- Training and related certifications are a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Mature ability to assess customer needs and craft and deliver solutions
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and customer service skills
- Ability to manage own work on multiple projects and tasks concurrently
- Ability to work 40 hours per week and flexible/extended hours when requested
- Willingness to share knowledge
- Work both independently and effectively with remote team members as necessary
- Prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Think independently and develop solutions to problems
- Skilled with Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Skilled with Active Directory, Group Policy, Powershell and Command-Line
- Skilled with domain administration and network troubleshooting
Physical Demands. The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by a Business Application Analyst to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Periodic physical effort, including standing, is required during a regular work shift of at least eight hours per day. Employee must be able to periodically stand for extended periods of time, and to stoop, bend, and crouch as required to perform Key Duties.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects (40 lbs).
Work Environment. The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those that will be encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work is performed predominately indoors, although periodic visits to construction sites or asphalt manufacturing facilities may be required.
- Noise level in the office work environment is typically quiet.
- Medical & Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Voluntary Term Life
- Long Term Disability
- Sick Leave
- Paid Vacation & Holiday Pay
- 401(k) Plan
- Additional Benefits including wellness coaching, etc..
We promote a Drug-Free Workplace.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability are encouraged to apply.