Industrial Refrigeration Service Technician (Ammonia)
Comfort Systems USA-ColonialWebb is seeking an experienced Industrial Refrigeration Service Technicians (Ammonia) to join our teams.
We are looking for individuals with Master-level skills and work experience OR individuals who want to develop into a Master Ammonia Refrigeration Service Technician. Come grow with ColonialWebb!
What you’ll do
- Diagnose and repair customers’ ammonia refrigeration systems commonly found in food distribution centers, cold storage, and food processing facilities.
- Slide valve and O-ring replacements on screw compressors.
- Compressor shaft seal replacements.
- Rebuild commercial and industrial compressors
- Pump down and dismantle existing systems
- Programming and troubleshooting Building Automation Systems and complex conventional electrical controls, including: Allen Bradley, Opto22, Q.Net, and G Force.
- Startup and commission new systems, as required
- Perform preventive maintenance operations, as required
- Train and develop apprentices in basic ammonia refrigeration theory, refrigeration equipment including compressors, condensers, ammonia liquid pumps, vessels and basic controls.
What we’re looking for
- Must have 5+ years of troubleshooting/service experience for ammonia refrigeration systems
- Knowledge of Frick, FES, or other screw chillers
- Experience with startup and commissioning of new systems
- Skilled in programming refrigeration control systems
- RETA course I, II, III certificates (Preferred, but not required)
- Possess a valid driver’s license and able to travel, as necessary.
- Universal EPA certification
- Must be able to work independently.
- Knowledge of PSM and OSHA safety regulations
- Excellent communication skills and customer service skills
- Clean driving record & able to pass a drug test, background & work authorization check
What we’ll offer you
- Competitive wages.
- Company van and uniforms.
- 401(k) plan with a generous company match
- Medical, dental, vision, and Rx drug insurance
- Life and accidental death insurance
- Short and Long-Term disability insurance
- Personal Leave, Holiday Pay, Bereavement Leave
- Opportunities for career growth, training, and development
- Tuition reimbursement and Apprenticeship Programs
- Service lead incentives and Employee referral incentives
- Scholarship program for employees’ children
- Discounts at major cell phone and auto companies.
Who we are
ColonialWebb is a Mid-Atlantic leader of superior engineering, construction, installation and service of mechanical systems. For over 40 years we have provided practical and innovative mechanical solutions. As a Comfort Systems USA company, we are strengthened by a nationwide network of mechanical contractors and prepared to build, service, or retrofit any commercial or industrial mechanical, HVAC, refrigeration, electrical, plumbing, water solution, or process piping system.
We are experts in refrigeration repair, refrigeration cooling equipment, refrigeration compressors, ammonia refrigeration and refrigeration equipment supply and maintenance contracts for commercial and industrial systems. We help our customers feed the world.
Employment applications are accepted online at . View our current openings and apply today. EOE M/W/Disability/Vets