If you’ve dreamed of working for an industry leader that shares your values, and rewards customer-focused results, innovation and integrity, we hope you’ll consider this exciting opportunity within our company. You’ll be an integral part of a team that is instrumental in supporting operations in moving our business to the next level.
HVAC Service Technicians (journeyman) will be required to perform skilled work in the installation, repair, and maintenance of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning equipment systems. Under the direction of the service manager a technician will install, diagnose, inspect, repair, and maintain and service a wide variety of mechanical equipment.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Install, diagnose, inspect, repair, maintain, and service a wide variety of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning equipment and systems.
- Repair and maintain hot water systems, wall heaters, ventilation units and air conditioning units.
- Replace fans, belts, motors, gaskets, filters, and compressors.
- Adjust and install switches, gauges, thermostats, valves, tubing, transformers, pressure regulators, controllers, and other parts.
- Descale tubing, cut and thread pipe, make pipe and electrical connections.
- Add refrigerants and oil; test for defective parts; make electrical repairs related to air conditioning, heating, and ventilation equipment.
- Determine requirements for parts, materials, supplies, tools and equipment; establish cost of repairs and equipment replacement; check and test new equipment.
- Operate specialized machinery, equipment and tools utilized in the repair and maintenance of heating, ventilation and air conditioning.
- Maintain tools, equipment, and supplies in a safe and orderly condition.
- Perform related duties that are assigned.
- 5 years’ of Apprentice School or a Technical School degree, or a combination of journey-level experience.
- Valid driver’s license. Employees in this classification must maintain insurability during the term of employment.
- Must be proficient in light to medium tonnage (10-50) with a desire to learn heavier tonnage (100+) systems and machinery.
- Preferred Qualifications
- Standard practices and theory of the HVAC trade
- Materials, methods and tools used in the operation and repair of HVAC systems.
- Applicable building codes, ordinances, and regulations of state and local authorities pertaining to HVAC
- Air compressors and pneumatic controls.
- Manual and electrical tools and equipment applicable to HVAC trade.
- Soldering techniques
- Health and Safety regulations
- Basic record-keeping techniques
- Proper methods of storing equipment, materials, and supplies
Knowledge, Skills and Ablilities
- CFC Certification
- Technicians should have solid electrical, mechanical and HVAC experience.
- Ability to climb and work at heights, walking, and standing for extended periods of time, lifting, bending, pushing, and moving objects up to 75 pounds.
- Ability to work in both indoor and outdoor environments; must also be able to drive in various conditions to conduct work.
- Perform skilled mechanical maintenance duties in the inspection, repair, maintenance of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems and related equipment.
- Calibrate systems
- Perform preventative maintenance and routine servicing of equipment.
- Diagnose defects and install, repair, and maintain heating, ventilating, and air conditioning units.
- Interpret and work from plans, diagrams, blueprints, shop drawings, sketches, and specifications
- Follow oral/written instructions and directions
- Operate specialized machinery, equipment and tools utilized in the repair, and maintenance of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Work independently with little direction
- Meet schedules and time lines
- Maintain routine records
- Working at heights from ladders and lifts. Weather is variable.
- Observe legal and defensive driving practices
At McKenney’s we know people are vital to our success. We offer employees a competitive salary and generous benefits including 401(k), profit sharing, performance bonus, medical/dental/vision insurance, disability benefits, paid time off, tuition reimbursement and a positive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.