The preferred candidate needs to be able to diagnose, repair, and perform preventive maintenance services on commercial and light industrial HVAC equipment such as large and small package RTUs, split systems. We are looking for career minded people for long term employment. This position will report directly to the HVAC Lead Technician. Applicant must pass a drug test, background check and have a clean driving record. Must also be able to troubleshoot, service, repair and install residential equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Must be able to analyze, diagnose and resolve problems on a wide range of mechanical equipment
- Must have good oral and written communication skills
- Must maintain professional appearance
- Inspect HVAC equipment to identify potential problems to prevent premature and unexpected breakdowns or call-backs
- Perform routine maintenance that may require changing filters, coil cleaning.
- Communicate with service dispatch while on duty to ensure dispatcher has an accurate status report of activities and availability.
- On call duty required.
- Trouble shoot, test, and calibrate pneumatic devices and have some knowledge of Building Automation Controls.
- Maintain and repair heating, ventilation, and cooling units for commercial and residential customers.
- Diagnose and repair of mechanical, electronic and electrical components of these systems.
- Travel to job sites in service area, and work with dispatch to ensure schedule is maintained and delays are properly communicated to customer.
- Be available to work nights or weekends, on a rotating basis, to service emergency needs of our clients.
- Maintain good working order of company vehicle including refueling as necessary, reporting any mechanical issues, and filling out and submitting monthly vehicle inspection form. - Vehicles should be washed on a regular basis.
- Maintain proper stock, parts, tools, and safety equipment in the vehicle.
- Maintain and submit monthly mileage log forms.
- Understand company pricing and generate appropriate customer invoice at job site.
- Electronically process credit card payments.
- Obtain customer signature at completion of job.
- Obtain correct customer information including email address.
- Document all installed equipment upon arrival: make, model, serial number, type of fuel, necessary test measurements, and pictures as necessary.
- Diagnose diverse service issues, obtain any replacement parts, calibrate system to manufacturer’s recommendations, and explain fully to customer what the issue is and what is need to correct.
- Participate in company provided training opportunities on latest industry technologies. Identify and report to owner potential opportunities for additional business (newer system, service contracts, and additional services).
Two to seven years’ experience in installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting and correcting diverse HVAC service issues.
Good analytical skills and attention to detail with ability to read and interpret blueprints, plans, and manuals.
Excellent customer service skills with desire to exceed customer expectations.
Ability to work independently in a timely manner, making sure job is done correctly the first time.
Well groomed, neat appearance
Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
Valid social security number
Must be able to pass drug test(s) as required by company
Lift up to 100 pounds; be able to push, pull, carry or maneuver heavier items (with additional manpower or appropriate devices); carry ladders; work from heights, work in small crawl spaces.
Observe all company procedures and safety rules
Maintain accurate time records and send to payroll when required
Work as part of our team to ensure customer satisfaction
- Diagnosing problems with large and small commercial HVAC package and split systems
- Diagnosing problems with residential equipment both package and split systems.
- Knowledge of IAQ equipment
- Valid Driver's License and clean driving record
- Must pass a drug test
- A minimum of 5-7 years’ experience servicing commercial HVAC systems and related equipment - chillers, cooling towers and controls.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to represent the company to customers and other outside contacts in an ethical and professional manner.
- Explain technical information to technical and non-technical audience.
- An Associate's Degree in Mechanical Systems, HVAC or equivalent from a Technical / Trade School with a certificate in Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning is a plus.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Benefit
- Vehicle Provided with a gas card
- Uniforms provided
- One (1) Week Vacation after 90 days
- Paid Holidays