Assists mechanic to position, align, and fit together construction components to complete the installation of systems and work assigned in a timely and quality fashion.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Holds, positions, and reads tape to assist in layout.
- Places and moves equipment and materials.
- Positions and turns clamps; screws, bolts, and hammers parts together; uses tools and equipment properly and only if certified (as required).
- Transports and furnishes mechanic with materials, tools, and supplies.
- Cleans work area, machines, tools, and equipment; ensures that tools, equipment, and materials are stored properly and securely.
- Performs other routine duties.
- Complies with company policies and procedures, especially safety rules.
- High School Diploma or GED or equivalent combination of experience and education