Operating since 1983, Smith-Rowe has grown from one-crew into a multifaceted team. Our services range from civil infrastructure projects in highway construction such as bridge demolition and bridge construction to grading, utilities, retaining and sound walls, signage, rock crushing, and logging.
Our company stands on the basic values of integrity, honesty, honor, commitment, and respect for our customers and our employees. We offer a great benefits package, so if you are a hardworking, skilled individual and you don’t mind getting your hands dirty, you will fit right in!
We are currently looking for a Highway Structures Estimator to join our team!
The position of Highway Structures Estimator is NOT an entry level position. A successful candidate will have at least 5 years of civil construction estimating experience, with an emphasis on highway interchanges, drainage systems, roads, and bridges.
Position Duties include:
- Estimate projects which typically range from 1 million to 30 million dollars.
- Estimate self-performed work and price the labor, equipment, and material costs.
- Produce accurate estimates from conceptual and schematic drawings.
- Produce detailed, final contract estimates.
- Assess site exposures/construction risks and be able to appropriately analyze costs and reflect these in an estimate.
- Identify constructability issues through the estimating process.
- Identify value-engineering alternatives.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or equivalent is required.
- Experience working for a General Contractor as an estimator bidding on NCDOT or heavy highway projects is required
- Must be able to understand work directions and communicate effectively with management and fellow employees.
- Experience estimating projects which typically range from 1 million to 30 million dollars is required.
- Experience in estimating bridges and/or grading and utilities of D.O.T projects is required.
- Working knowledge of construction assemblies and all project phases is required.
- Valid drivers' license and satisfactory driving record is required.
- Ability to read, write and communicate effectively.
- Travel within NC may be required.
- Ability to work as a team.
- Working experience on estimating software a plus.
- Company paid medical insurance premiums
- Cancer Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Accident Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Company Vehicle
- Company Phone