Want to be part of a company who gives back to their employees? You've come to the right place! We expect a lot from our employees, but we also give a lot in return. We care about our employees by providing an exceptional benefits package and work to further our employee's careers by doing our best to promote within the company. If you care about how well you do your job, work well with others, have a positive attitude, can follow company and safety rules, are dependable and punctual and you respond well to supervision, you would be a great fit at our company!
Position Overview: This position requires relocation or a local candidate. The company does not offer relocation benefits. The position of an Excavator/Heavy Equipment Operator in the Grading Department moves mass excavation in an off-road environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct pre-shift and post-shift daily inspections of equipment for safety and mechanical defects.
- Operate/drive construction type equipment to excavate, move, and grade earth, concrete, asphalt, or other hard surface pavement on road beds and dirt/earth surfaces in a safe manner
- May perform minor repairs and maintain equipment as needed
- General labor as needed
Education and/or Experience:
- 3 – 5 years’ experience preferred
- High school diploma/GED, preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Valid driver’s license preferred
- Must be safety oriented
- Ability to understand and follow oral instructions, communicate tactfully and effectively with supervisors, co-workers and the public
- Able to learn and comply with all safety policies and procedures and OSHA regulations
- Able to learn and comply with all company policies and procedures
- Ability to travel and to work overtime when required
- Must be able to pass a drug screen
- Must have a strong work ethic
- Must be 18 years of age
Physical Demands: The physical demands below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to push and pull with hands, arms, and feet repetitively
- Must have good visual and auditory physical capabilities in order to manage sights and sounds in a hazardous construction environment
- Able to be alert and cognitive of multiple concurrent activities of the construction site, including awareness of other employees, subcontractors, machinery, equipment, and moving traffic when applicable
- Coordination between hand, eyes, feet to guide equipment and objects is required
- Must be able to mount and dismount off of vehicles and equipment
- Must be able to wear appropriate personal protective equipment
- Must be able to walk on uneven terrain
- Able to lift up to 70 pounds
Environmental Working Conditions
- All work is performed outside in heat, cold, and inclement weather.
- Exposure to all elements of nature
- Exposure to all types of terrain
- Competitive Salary
- Company Paid Employee Medical Insurance Premiums
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Health Reimbursement Account
- 401k with Company Match
- Short Term Disability
- Accident Insurance
- Cancer Insurance