The Foreman will support the Superintendent or Project Manager in the oversight of the operations and field personnel responsible for the installation, additions, and/or repairs of electrical systems, conductors, and associated materials/equipment for the assigned job. The Foreman functions as a crew leader or team lead on Job Project tasks or large jobs.
Preferred Job Skills:
- Strong commercial and industrial electrical background.
- Strong troubleshooting skills utilizing sophisticated test equipment (DMM, Megger, PQM, UCT, IR Camera, etc.).
- Strong knowledge of the National Electric Code (NEC).
- Ability to safely operate and maintain a specialized electrical service vehicle.
- Able to maintain professional appearance and conduct at all times.
- Able to demonstrate necessary computer and keyboard skills.
- OSHA 30 Hour, CPR, and First Aid trained.
- Ability to manage customer and company specific information and documentation in an organized manner.
- Able to maintain high levels of productivity, meeting deadlines while maintaining accuracy.
- Must be an effective and professional communicator, both written and verbally.
- Able to be on twenty-four hour call on a rotating basis, as needed.
Mandatory Hiring Requirements:
References, Background Check, Drug Screen Testing, Valid Driver’s License.
- Responsible for leading and directing all field personnel involved in the assigned project or task.
- Responsible for the planning of the project or task in the most efficient and profitable manner.
- Insure all materials are ordered and received in a timely manner to insure compliance.
- Necessary to have and maintain certain personal tools as directed by leadership.
- Will read and comply with all guidelines provided in the Employee Handbook, Safety Manual, or Policy and Procedure Manual, and will require any field employees under their leadership to do the same.
- All other duties as assigned.
- License: Valid state driver's license.
- Certification: None required.
- Education: High School Graduate/GED required. Must have completed Apprenticeship Program or have a minimum of 5 years electrical experience.
- Experience: Minimum of 4 years electrical experience preferred.
- Job requires working in all elements, depending on job location, time of year, heat, cold, rain, or snow.
- Job requires employee to have required personal tools with him at all times (waist tool belt as worn weighs approximately 30 lbs.).
- Work from all types of ladders and be able to transport/relocate ladders unassisted.
- Employee’s personal weight with tools cannot exceed the rated weight capacity of ladders used.
- Perform work at various heights, up to 90 feet from ladders, scaffolds, aerial lifts, cat walks and other safe work areas.
- Work in restricted areas (switch gear-room, manholes, utility tunnels and crawl spaces).
- Wear personal protective equipment as required.
- Able to work 40 hours per week plus overtime as required, to include night shifts and out-of-town work if required.
Required Physical/Mental Functions:
- Positively identify colors of wire and other items as required.
- Comprehend reading of blueprints drawings, and schematics same.
- Comprehend and practice safe work procedures as outlined in Company Safety Handbook.
- Operate company truck with manual and automatic transmission.
- Read and interpret maps, instructional manuals, work site directions, and written instructions.
- Must hear and see well (either natural or with correction).
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, crawl, climb, kneel, balance, push, pull and reach overhead.
- Able to lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds, with frequent lifting and carrying of objects weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Tolerant to prolonged standing and movement on foot.
- Climb ladders (all types).
- Repetitive use of arms, hands, and fingers.
Ace Electric, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Drug-Free Workplace Program Statement:
Ace Electric, Inc. provides a Drug-Free Workplace and prohibits the presence of certain items and substances on project or company premises and property and prohibits project and company personnel and others from reporting to work, working or being present on project or company premises while under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs or other unauthorized substances, or with measurable quantity of alcohol, illegal drugs or other unauthorized substances present in the body. Ace Electric, Inc. abides by their Drug and Alcohol Abuse Policy as part of its commitment to safety and quality.