Coleman Floor is a separate business unit of Stock Building Supply and operates alongside its building materials and installed sales businesses in a flooring specialist capacity. For over 60 years builders have trusted Coleman Floor Company to professionally install floor covering in their new home, multi-family and commercial projects. Our commitment to quality workmanship and superior customer service has made us an industry-leading flooring contractor. With an experienced management team, highly trained and skilled installers, and state-of-the-art product programs from leading manufacturers, Coleman Floor is the company you can trust to get the job done right.
The Flooring Salesperson is Coleman’s sales liaison between existing and new customer’s accounts. The successful Flooring Salesperson will step into a very profitable book of business. In addition, they will generate sales with new customers to meet designated sales goals and ensuring the sales, delivery and installation of Coleman’s flooring products. The customer base is Production and Custom Builders and General Contractors.
1. Maintains and grows existing customer base across the Flooring business categories through effective full scope sales management techniques; including prospecting, account qualifying, sales development, quoting and customer follow-up to ensure sales goals are met or exceeded.
2. Formulate accurate and complete project specific customer information; ranging from regular site visits, plan review and in depth customer discussions to enable correct product and product application/installation.
3. Implement customer specific pricing partnering with inside sales support, operations team and vendor resources to secure business and attain profit and sales goals.
4. Manage and handle, end to end, customer appointments and flooring selections
5. Manage and review flooring/cabinet/interior finishes layout and design plans to ensure customer satisfaction providing in-depth product knowledge and maximum profitability.
6. Offer full scope services, product upgrades, installed services and extended product lines optimizing customer account penetration and customer objectives.
7. Educate customers and internal team on new products, services, industry trends and effective installation.
8. Regular account evaluation determining revenue and profitability to balance account viability verses future time efforts.
9. Update and maintain customer specific information within company systems. Ensure accurate account, customer details and contact information available to management and support teams.
10. Actively participate in A/R (credit) reviews and customer aging issues to ensure timely account collections.
11. Develop and implement full scope account plans; producing an individualized account strategy to maintain, penetrate and grow customer accounts.
12. Schedule regular customer touch bases and account reviews to gather service level feedback, optimize account penetration and ensure exceeding of customer expectations.
13. Regularly provides market intelligence and feedback; including service level feedback, pricing, competition and market developments to Market Leadership.
14. Effectively communicate with diverse levels of customers, vendors and associates.
1. Minimum education required—Bachelors in business management, marketing or related field.
2. Minimum experience required—3 years sales experience in Flooring sales, ideally to the custom or production homebuilder.
3. Demonstrated leadership experience, working knowledge of sales forecasting and analysis, estimating from blueprints as well as strong sales and marketing skills.
4. MS Office and solid Excel preferred.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate. Stock Building Supply and it's subsidiaries does not discriminate in practices or employment opportunities on the basis of an individual's race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other proscribed category set forth in federal or state regulations.