Perform multiple duties with regard to laying pipe, checking lines and grade on pipes in trenches, and handles the pipe as needed to prepare for installation and backfilling. Experience with Gravity and Pressure pipe installations a plus.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma preferred.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Measure, cut, thread and assemble new pipe, placing the assembled pipe in hangers or other supports.
• Perform rough-ins, install new or replaced existing valves, cleanouts and vacuum release vents
• Assembly and installation of all pressure piping, force main, air, gas, water, reuse piping, etc.
• Tap or tie into existing pressure piping using sleeves and saddles
• Fit or assist in fitting valves, couplings, or assemblies to tanks, pumps, or systems, using hand tools.
• Assist in rigging of pipe and pipe assemblies for installation in trenches, vaults and manholes
• Disassemble and remove damaged or worn pipe.
Job ID 2016-1360
# of Openings 5
Job Locations US - NC - Asheville
Posted Date 6/28/2016